Chapter 19

The girl, Enya, looked like someone who would want the Crown Princess title associated with Yong. And the fact that his mother sent her over told me everything I needed to know. The Empress wanted Yong to find favor in this girl.

"Enya, I haven't seen you in a couple hundred years," Yong said. Enya curtsied.

"I cultivated in seclusion for a while. As soon as I got back, I caught up with your Royal Mother before coming to see you," Enya answered. She tried to move closer to him, but Yong held up a hand to stop her.

"Serving me isn't necessary. High Immortal Princess Aivi, you promised to tell me more stories from Heavenly Cloud," Yong said, turning his attention to me. I hesitated at suddenly being put on the spot before I knelt beside Yong and poured another glass of wine for him.

"I'll visit you at Serenity Palace another time," Enya said gracefully before leaving. I sighed as I glanced at Yong. It was too dangerous to talk out loud here.

'She's the woman your mother wants you to marry. And you call her by her name so sweetly." I said to him through his thoughts.

We should wait until the banquet is over to talk of this subject, Yong stopped me.

"Royal Mother is still pushing Fox Immortal Enya into your lap?" First Prince asked. Yong sighed in irritation.

"It appears so, and she's serious this time," Yong confirmed. His brother gave a ghost of a smile as I poured wine in the extra cup and drank it all.

"Slowly," Yong said, taking notice of me. I gave him a small glare before setting the flask of wine back down. Yong chuckled before pouring wine into my cup.

"Fine. Fine. Fine... I was wrong," he gave in as he pat the seat next to him. I smiled lightly before sitting next to him. He toasted his glass to me before we drank the wine together.

"What do you think about working under the Army Physician for a while?" Yong asked.

"What makes you ask so suddenly?" I asked before eating a grape.

"The demons from the Demon Realm have started to get out of control. If you work under the Army Physician for a while, maybe you'll be out posted to a battle area. You'll be able to get out of the house a while, and I'm sure I'll be joining the Army for the suppression efforts as well," he explained with a sly smile. I hid my own smile in my cup.

"You seem full of plans," I muttered quietly. He brought his lips closer to my ear with a smirk.

"My biggest plan is to elope with you first, then ask for forgiveness later," he said. I froze before my eyes went to his. I could only hope he was joking.

"Naughty," I muttered before leaning away from him.

"Water Immortal greets Crown Prince and High Immortal Princess," an older man came to the table to greet us. Yong leaned away from me as he nodded to the Water Immortal.

"Eh? You're Alexander's father," I smiled. The Water Immortal put his hands back at his sides as he smiled gently.

"I am. Alexander has been talking about you nonstop  since graduating Heavenly Cloud. You left quite the impression on my son," Water Immortal confirmed. Yong only quirked an eyebrow at me.

"He's a good friend to me. I appreciated his help and guidance while in school. I wish the best for him," I replied.

"You truly are as beautiful as my son said," Water Immortal said as he looked closer.

"It seems the Water Immortal's son speaks highly of you often. I may need to move up my plans," Yong said. He didn't say it outright but I knew what plan he was talking about.

Naughty, I said through his thoughts. Yong chuckled  before taking a sip of his wine. He seemed relaxed now that his parents were gone.

"Little Flower, careful not to drink too much," Tase said as he came to Yong's table.

"You do dote on this Little Flower a lot," Yong said lightheartedly.

"She is my daughter," Tase said. I stood and curtsied to Yong with a smug smile before going back to Tase's side.

"Father!" I said jokingly as I held on to Tase's arm. Tase smiled as he pet my hand gently.

"It's time for us to go home," he said to me. I smiled and nodded before following him out with Zinnia.

"You have to be more careful with how you interact with Yong in public. You two were putting on a sweet scene together in the Main Hall," Tase said as we entered Eternity Palace. I sighed before letting go of his arm.

"I admit I got carried away after the Fox Immortal Enya came to his table. But if you think I was unrestrained, you should've heard what Yong was saying. He said he planned to elope with me first then ask for forgiveness later," I countered.

"It would be messy, but it's actually not a bad idea. Losing your purity here is the same as admitting to marriage. I know the Emperor would be happy, but the Empress..." Tase trailed off.

"She'd rather he marry that Fox Immortal," I finished.

"Enya has been sucking up to the Empress for tens of thousands of years. As children, Enya and Yong grew up together. Enya also has a strong backing with the Fox Clan as their heir. The Empress wants to solidify Yong's backer through marriage," Tase explained.

"Yong did have a good point tonight though. I should start working in a faction," I said as I sat in the main hall.

"What faction are you thinking of joining?" Zinnia asked as she handed me a cup of tea. I took a sip before setting it on the small table near me.

"Yong wanted me to join as an Army Physician, but I would still be sitting around most of the time," I pondered. Tase sat close to me before using his energy to soul search me. He sighed before dropping his hand.

"It's time to reenforce your concealment if you plan on going out by yourself for a while," Tase sighed. I searched by own body and saw it weakening. The overwhelming power of the Lotus Heart was pushing against the concealment. Maybe I could use the Lotus Heart itself to strengthen it, but that would show traces of it on the outside of the concealment. I sighed. It was really troubling.

"I'll go see Yong tomorrow," I promised.