Chapter 6: Into the Night

It was the night before the dinner with Cassien and Lyrica still hadn't asked her aunt if she could go. Lyrica peaked out of the kitchen and saw her Aunt sitting with her grandmother, they were watching a late night talk show and were laughing at the jokes being made. Lyrica didn't want to ruin that mood, but at the same time she had to tell her. Lyrica slowly walked into the living room and sat down with them.

"This is quite the funny segment Lyrica!" Her grandmother said out loud.

Her Aunt looked over and noticed Lyrica had a worried look on her face.

"Lyrica are you okay you don't look so good?" Her Aunt asked.

"About that..." Lyrica started off, "See I was invited to go out tomorrow in the city." She explained to them.

"Tomorrow?" Her Aunt questioned, "It's a school night Lyrica you can't just go out."

"Yea but—" Lyrica tried to explain but she was cut off.

"Unless it's for practice I'm not going to let you go." Her Aunt said firmly, "Plus, who invited you?"

"The Prince..." Lyrica said quietly and she sank down to the seat a bit.

"The Prince?" Her aunt didn't seem happy about that after what happened the past week, "Obviously I'm going to say no then Lyrica. I already told you how I feel about Valentino. Let's keep it that way."

Lyrica sat on the couch a bit defeated and her grandmother noticed this. She closed her eyes and sighed out, "Mei dear, just let her go." She said in a calm voice.

Lyrica quickly looked over to her grandmother and her eyes were full of surprise. She wouldn't think her grandmother would let her go either.

"What do you mean mom? Haven't you seen what happened over the past week?" Her aunt stood up, "Lyrica your not going."

"Mei..." her grandmother sighed, "I understand you have a grudge against Valentino. But—"

"But what?" Her aunt furrowed her eyebrows. She then looked at Lyrica, "Fine!" She gave up, "If you want to go then you go."

"Wait what—" Lyrica was confused.

"I don't want any part of the Valentino's, but it's your own choice if you want to go there. It seems like if I told you no Anyways, you probably would've sneaked out with Lucia's help."

Weirdly Lucia did mention she would sneak her out of the house if her aunt rejected her request anyways.

"I'm going to do the dishes." Her Aunt walked away from the living room and went straight into the kitchen.

"I don't understand what her deal is..." Lyrica sighed out.

"Lyrica it's quite a complicated story." Her grandmother said, "For now get some rest since you have a nice meal coming up." She smiled her same warm smile at her.

"Alright goodnight grandmother." She kissed her grandmothers cheek and walked to her room. But, before she took a peek into the kitchen to see that her aunt was sitting at the table with her head laying on the table. Lyrica wanted to go inside, but she knew if she did her Aunt would be more upset. So instead she turned around and headed towards her room.

- the next day after school -

"So that's basically what happened." Lyrica explained to Lucia.

"So she didn't even put much of an argument?" Lucia questioned.

"Mhm." Lyrica nodded her head, "My Aunt just gave up I guess and decided to let me go." Lyrica explained to her.