14

the three so called adults sat awkwardly on the foldable chairs.

yiren found the situation really really awkward, but she quietly sat on her chair while fiddling with her fingers.

jaehyun on the other hand was pissed af. he was never a fond of the guy for who knows why, but he also couldn't stop thinking about how yoon-oh spoke earlier. he actually said "i" for the first time. he's been trying to teach the baby say it for a long time, and he finally did. he didn't know if he should be happy or not.

and lucas, he was obviously confused. he just heard the three year old call his ex girlfriend mommy. he frowned, is this why yiren broke up with him? was it because jaehyun was better than him?

"yoon-oh, why don't you play inside?" jaehyun asked his son and pointed at the tent that they managed to set up (although it was looking a bit weird)

the little boy nodded.

"so uh-"

"yeah, what brings you here lucas?" yiren immediately cut off the boy.

"oh well- my brother an i always come here since.." he looked down. of course the girl remembered how they got together in the first place, his parents both died in an accident, lucas was depressed for a few months, but then he met yiren, and he slowly made progress until he fully recovered.

"but- why did yuno call you mommy? and daddy?" he muttered the last words quietly, but they were still able to hear him.

yiren looked at jaehyun who had his arms crossed, he leaned on his chair casually while glaring at the other boy in front of him.

"he likes calling us that!" the girl immediately said, "he's actually jaehyun's friend's son who i happen to babysit" she chuckled nervously.

"oh-" was the only thing that lucas responded, he wasn't stupid, he didn't know what the truth was, but knew that they were lying and it was more than that.

"daddy?" a small voice came from the tent. it was no longer in one piece, jaehyun rushed to the baby trapped inside the tent.

"yoon-oh are you alright?? are you hurt? is this hurting?" he placed the hand on the baby's chest, specifically where his heart was.

he shooked his head, "yuno's heart is alright daddy" kissing his daddy's forehead as he said those words.

"i'll just fix the tent" he handed yoon-oh to the smaller girl.

yiren turned to lucas, "you should go, i'm sure that renjun's waiting for you" she smiled, avoiding eye contact.

"mommy i'm hungry" the girl was stunned, she just realized the baby saying "i" but she smiled and nodded anyway, attempting to place the child on the ground, but he refused.

"tired" he yawned.

"can you watch over him for just a minute, i'll just get his milk" the girl said as he handed the tiny body to lucas.

she came back a minute later with a small baby bottle in hand, "yoon" she tried taking the baby from lucas' arms, but he refused again and clung onto his arms.

"i wanna stay with uncle wucas" yep, it was pretty obvious how yoon-oh really like lucas, it was a good thing that jaehyun was too occupied with the tent, or he'll probably be furious at the sight of his son clinging onto someone he wasn't a fond of.

before they knew it, the sun was already setting, the sky was a mix of yellow and orange as the huge ball of light sank bellow the sea.

"yoon-oh's already asleep" jaehyun said as he sat beside the girl. it took them a while to put the baby to sleep, he was clinging around lucas too much, and the poor boy needed to go back to his brother.

they sat on the edge of a cliff not far away from their spot, the view was breathtaking, but the fact that jaehyun sat so close to the girl was much more breathtaking for her.

they stared at the view for a while until older boy broke the silence.

"do you still love him?"

"what?"

he gave the girl a look, he wasn't stupid, and everyone knew that liu yiren and lucas wong used to date.

"why?" she asked back, her eyes were still fixed on the scenery before her.

"what do you mean why? just answer yes or no"

yiren laughed softly, she turned to the boy and loacked their eyes, "does it matter?" she gave him a teasing look.

"it does" the atmosphere suddenly changed, the girl was quick to look away.

"i don't deserve him" she swung her legs back and forth.

"so you do like him, still" jaehyun had no idea why, but he felt weird, he somehow felt hurt.

"i don't"

"yes you do" he smiled and teased through the pain.

"i really don't"

"if you don't, then he must have hurt you"

it was the complete opposite.

the girl frowned.

"so he did hurt you"

i wish he would. then it'd finally be fair.

"nope, i cheated on him with my best friend."

_________

i hope no one hates on yiren's character,  i have a lot of ideas for this story-

i'm not very sure for the ending though, should i make it happy or sad?

you can skip on yiren's picture if you don't wanna immagine the  character as her- but i'm still putting it here  because i want to ;)

AAGGAHHHH