Rejection

"But I'm glad you are giving it a thought. I was expecting you to flat out reject me and laugh in my face. But now..Even if the chances are slim, I'm more than happy to at least have that amount of chance to be with you."

He had my heart racing immediately. Sasuke's words were like a cupid's arrow shooting directly through my heart.. Dammit! This guy is just too good, he just knows what to say and when to say it!

No wonder girls are crazy in love with him.
It must be his smooth tongue, good looks and intelligence. He has everything anyone would want.. How did I think I could win him at his own love game?

I need to reject him.
I need to!
Because at this rate, I might really..

"..Sasuke.." I finally gathered all my courage to start my sentence of rejection.

Come on, Naruto.
Breathe deep and say it like how you've always been doing it - rejecting and dumping girls who were not up to your standard or that you got bored of.

I continued to give myself a pep talk in my head while in reality, Sasuke was glancing over at me every few seconds in anticipation of what I had to announce.

But a few silent seconds quickly became minutes. He arched in brow anxiously, "What's up? You've gone unusually quiet." He finally decided to pry.
I cleared my throat, "Uh.. Well.. I h-have something to tell you."

Stop probing, Sasuke! I'm thinking of the words and how I should phrase it so I don't hurt you as much.
Give me some time! I'm not usually the best with words, I just say whats on my mind but if I go "Nah, I don't like you one bit", you might cry, Uchiha!

"Well.. You see the thing is..." I turned to the window, afraid of looking at his face or meeting his eyes.

"I think you're.. n-not.. suitable.. as.. my.."
"Give me a chance to-."
"..-T-Tutor."
".. Oh."

Fuuuuuck!
How-
How did I mess up a rejection?!
How did I blurt out tutor instead of partner?!
It's two different, different things.
Idiot! Idiot! I was mentally strangling myself.

"I thought you were going to say something else. You really caught me off guard there." He sighed in relief as he slowed down the car, with one hand running through the back of his hair.

My face was growing red as the internal battle in my head was still going on.

"But my statement still stands. Give me a chance to tutor you, and I'll prove it to you that I'm better and suitable for you." The car came to a complete stop as I realised we were in our driveway.

I composed myself as I slapped myself a thousand times internally to bring me back to my senses. I was almost getting frustrated with myself as I can't seem to get it together whenever he's around.

Just be normal! Please just be normal for once! Stop making a fool out of yourself! It's always in front of him, of all people!

"It's okay.. I'm comfortable with Sai and he's been really helping me out." I hastily opened the door to exit the car and made my way to the front door.

The driver's car door shut and Sasuke grabbed my wrist before I could touch the handle of the front door.
"But I'm not okay with it."
"I just want to pass my finals, you don't have to make this complicated."
"I'm not trying to make this complicated for you, I just-" The front door opened and interrupted our almost-heated conversation.