5 7 | J U L I E T

"You know how to hack, you say?" I asked Frida when I caught her alone after school.

"Uh...yes," she said cautiously.

"I want you to teach me how to do that stuff," I said casually.

"Um...why?"

I shrugged. "Just because. Seems like a cool skill to have."

She narrowed her eyes at me and I knew at once she was about to scold me. "What are you planning, Juliet? What evil scheme are you up to, huh?"

I smiled innocently. "Nothing, what do you even think of me?"

"I would've believed you want other time but not this time," she said. "Just tell me."

I huffed. "Fine. I want to hack into four people's phones and laptops. And just so you know, I'm being considerate by not asking you do to it. After knowing your secret, I know you wouldn't do it."

"And you happen to be right. I'm not going to hack into anything ever," she said then she looked at me sternly. "And I'm not going to teach you how to do it either. I'm not going to be responsible for destroying someone else's life, even if indirectly."

These two were getting really comfortable with me, I realized. If someone had glared at me like that, I would've picked a fight with them. Eli and Frida just happen to be exceptions, along with Boonsri because she was a fragile little thing just nursing her broken heart.

Seeing she wasn't going to give in easily, I tried a different tactic. "Have you ever had a boyfriend?" I asked.

She blinked at my sudden change in topic. "No."

"You do know Aurelio likes you, right?"

"Uh," she quickly looked away. "No, he doesn't."

I stopped her from walking by grabbing her arm. "Save it. You don't have to deny it. I know it and you do too. And from what I've seen, you do kind of like him back. Come on, don't be shy. You can tell me everything. I mean it and I won't tell anyone else."

"Okay, a little, like very little," she clarified.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, okay. So I noticed you both don't have the balls to ask each other out or just even push your friendship forward and that's where I come in. I can help you get together with him–"

"And in return you want the hacking lessons," Frida completed for me.

"Right!" I grinned.

"No."

"That's not fair! Alright, another offer. We fight each other and the winner has to listen to the loser," I suggested.

"That's even more unfair," she whined. "I won't even last one minute into that. We've only just gone over the basics!"

"Frida, I swear I won't misuse it for something really big and wrong," I said.

"But you are planning on doing exactly that! You're hacking their phones, that's invasion of privacy," she said.

"I'll take full responsibility for whatever will happen. And to be honest, these four monsters don't even deserve privacy. Think of all the good you'll do if we expose their wrongdoings!"

She still looked conflicted.

"It won't be your fault, Frida. I can learn from any other person so you don't need to feel so burdened. Please," I said, looking into her eyes and attempting the look Sloane has when she wants something.

"Fine," she finally relented and I mentally rejoiced. Sloane's look definitely worked wonders.

"Thank you!" I said. "Teach me after training even day."