Chapter Four: The Pain Marcus Cause Her.

Silas was in his office when he heard a knock on his door. He asked the person to come in and his assistant walked in, "Hey Silas, Marcus is here to see you." Mr. Alton told him. Silas looked at him and smiled before asking him to let his brother in. Silas has often told Marcus that he doesn't have to ask to come to my office but each time that he visits – he likes to inform his assistant and ask him to ask Silas if he is busy. After a minute or so, Marcus walked into Silas's office with a smile on his face. "Hey Silas," Marcus greeted his younger brother. Silas looked at him and smiled back, "Hey brother, how are you?" He asked. Marcus sighed and sat on the couch before he rubbed his face, "Tired and always sleepy," He replied. Silas chuckled – he completely gets him. He feels the same now that he was the father as well. It still feels foreign to him that he was a father – he still gets nervous when he sees his boy – he often wonders if he will be able to give Ezra the life that he deserves. This thought and his endless crying have kept him up many nights as well. "I get it. Ezra likes to stay up all night as well," He told him. Marcus chuckled, "I am glad you feel the joys of fatherhood," He replied to which both of them laughed.

Silas ordered coffee for both of them before Marcus spoke, "By the way, I came here to invite you to dinner tonight at my and Charlie's new house. Also, I have news." He said as Silas sat back on the couch in front of his brother. His eyes widened, "Charlie's pregnant again." He assumed. Marcus brought his eyebrows together and almost immediately replied, "What? No." he said – his voice rose a bit before he cleared his throat and once again he said – this time he spoke normally, "No, Charlie is not pregnant." He shook his head. Silas tittered – he loves messing with his brother. "What is it then?" He questioned. Marcus rolled his eyes before he sighed, "I can assure you that Charlie and I both aren't ready for another baby," he cleared to which Silas nodded with a grin on his face. "Believe me, two are a handful." He added. Silas is always tired now that Ezra was around – he can only imagine what it is like to have two kids.

"Alright, so what is your news?" Silas asked his brother. Marcus licked his lips and smiled, "Yes, about that – well, Charlie and I have decided to get married soon after you and Maria." He said. A huge smile spread on Silas's face as soon as he heard the news, "That sounds amazing. I am so happy for you two," Silas said and stood on his feet and opened his arms, "This calls for a brotherly hug, man." Silas added. Marcus looked at his brother and got on his feet as well with a huge grin on his face. Silas and Marcus hugged before Silas announced, "This call for celebration. Let me ask my assistant to get us some wine," Silas said. Marcus narrowed his eyes, "You are going to drink alcohol during work time?" He asked. Silas sunk his shoulder, "God yes, this is the only time I can drink. In between work and spending time with Ezra – I hardly get any time to enjoy alcohol, so yes – I will drink now. Don't worry – my alcohol tolerance is pretty good." He replied. Marcus snickered and nodded, "Alright – maybe I can have a glass as well," He said.

Elna was at work when she kept getting a call from her brother. She has been ignoring him since the day he suggested to break Marcus and Charlie and Maria and Silas apart for their selfish benefits. She didn't agree with him. Elna doesn't think that her brother was thinking straight – how was he going to break them apart and have the guarantee to have Maria – she knows that Sean was a part of Ruby's plan and Elna doesn't believe that Maria will ever give her brother another chance. She doesn't care what Sean was scheming about but she knows that she can never break Charlie and Marcus apart. As much as it hurts her but she has seen Marcus with her. She has also seemed Marcus talk about her – Elna knows that Marcus will never love her as much as he loves Charlie. She didn't want to end the only contact she has with Marcus because of her brother's insane ideas.

When Elna's phone rang once again – she hissed in frustration. She didn't even have to look at her phone to know that it was her brother calling her again. Sean disappeared after the truth was revealed to Harrison – he didn't even look back. He left Elna to take care of her sick mother and went off to spend his luxurious life with his son and now after so many years – he has returned and Elna knows that it was only because of what he wanted and that was Maria. Elna grew up with Sean. She knows what kind of person he is. He can ruin other lives if he had to gain something. He would have never returned to see how his sister was doing all alone if it wasn't for Maria and Elna wasn't going to get in his trap this time. She was stupid enough to fall in it that last time – only for Marcus. Her feelings for Marcus didn't change – she thought it would but sadly it didn't – she still loves him yet she can't have him and she had accepted that but her brother couldn't get this in his head that there was no way he could have Maria back in her life.