thirty seven

Lyra stared at the entrance of the dark cave strangely. She's never visited the place, but based on Harry's description, it was the one. Beside her, Regulus, James, Remus, Peter, and Sirius clutched their wand tightly.

"It wants a sacrifice." Lyra told them, pulling out her wand and muttering a spell to cut her palm open,

"Ly!" James scolded her, "You should've asked me." He told her,

"I'll be fine, James. It's just a little bit of blood." She assured him, before shoving her bloody palms to the entrance door.

For a few seconds, nothing happened. But then, the cave rumbled, and the door slowly opened. The group took a deep breath, before lighting up their wands and entering the dark cave. Lyra led the group, the cold air causing her to slightly shiver. James noticed, and immediately walked next to her, wrapping an arm around her waist and pulling her closer to his body.

"We'll be okay." He whispered, before pressing a kiss on her forehead.

They followed the oath, which led them to a black lake. A boat attached to chains which were hooked around a block of wood, and the water bubbled. They stared at it with a disgruntled expression, and Lyra took a deep breath.

"When something goes wrong, I want you to call for Kreacher and leave the place immediately, do you hear me?" She told Regulus sternly, who was looking slightly afraid, but he clutched his wand and looked at her strongly.

"I'm not leaving you."

"And I'm not losing you." Lyra told him, staring at him intensely.

"Sirius, you got that? If something goes wrong, I want you to grab Reggie and leave immediately."

Sirius reluctantly nodded, not wanting to lose his brother either.

"I'll drink it." Peter quietly spoke up, standing confidently and walking towards her,

"Peter-"

"No. I'll do it." He decided, looking at her sternly.

"Wormtail.." Remus trailed off.

"I'll drink it too." Regulus said.

"No!" Lyra snapped, "Regulus! You died the last time, and I'm not letting that happen again! I can't lose you. Either of you."

"Lyra, we can't let you do all of the work. You'll get hurt. We're not letting you sacrifice yourself just to save us. You've done so much." Peter told her fiercely,

"Pete-"

"No. We're doing it. End of discussion." Peter shook his head.

"You don't understand how dangerous this is!"

"And there would be no difference if you drank it!" He shouted, "You've gotten hurt too much. Let us do this."

"Ly, I have to do this." Regulus pleaded, staring at her with such intensity, "Please."

"Okay." Lyra shut her eyes tightly.

"Regulus, you'll come with me, Sirius and Peter. James, you stay here with Remus."

Both boys went to protest but she held her finger up to silence them.

"That is my decision. You will stand by here. When the Inferi starts rising, I want you to stay away from the water and start blasting them off. Regulus and Peter will finish the posion, and me and Sirius will keep watch."

The two boys reluctantly nodded, and Lyra gave them a small kiss on their cheeks.

"I love you both, so much." She whispered.