Chapter 16

"Where are we going?" I ask climbing into Luke's car in the college parking lot.

"Hello to you too Tan." He flashes a smile at me but I roll my eyes at his sarcasm.

"Hey." After closing the door and dropping my bag on the floor, I lean over, kissing his cheek. "Now, where are we going?"

He chuckles deeply, shaking his head as he pulls out of the parking lot and onto the main road.

"Well, I wanted to go past Scotti's record shop, but we can always skip that and jus-"

"Scotti isn't going to wait forever you know?" I tease as he laughs causing his smile to widen as he nods, biting his lower lip between his teeth.

"Are you looking for anything specific?" I ask, looking over at him as he pulls into a parking in front of the shop.

"I came here the other day to get the new Rolling Stones record but they didn't have it, the manager said he should have a copy for me by today, so let's hope." The two of us hop out of the car, walking towards the entrance of the shop when I feel Luke's fingers intertwine with mine.

I smile to myself, looking down at our hands as I walk with him towards the empty counter.
Luke rang the bell on the desk, tapping his fingers patiently as he waited for someone to come help him.

While Luke waits, I can't help but look around the shop that screams aesthetic in a way that any photographer would love.

"You wanna go look around?" I hear Luke's voice from besides me making me smile and nod.

"I'll come find you, just waiting on Dylan." I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, tilting my head slightly at the name. "He's the manager, you'd think his name would be Scotti right? Quite ironic."

I giggle at his expression, shaking my head before walking further into the shop. I admire the rows of neatly stacked records, eyeing each one until my eyes land upon the Fleetwood Mac, The Chain record. 

I pick it up gently, eyeing the cover before flipping it around to read the print on the back. I've always loved Fleetwood Mac and for some reason, buying this record looked really appealing at that moment.

I jump slightly as I felt arms wrap around my waist slowly, relaxing when I see Luke's head prop onto my shoulder.

"What's got you so interested Tan?" I hold up the record in response so that he would be able to see. "Fleetwood Mac, Nice."

"Yeah, The Chain is one of my favourites. Did you get your Record?" I ask, turning around in his arms to face him instead.

"Dylan's just grabbing it from the back, then we can head out." I nod at his words, looking at the record in my hands before gently placing it back where I found it.

"Do you wanna get the Record?" He asks curiously, gesturing towards the record I just put back.

"I was considering buying it, but I don't even have a record player so it seems a bit pointless."

"If that's the issue, I have one and you can use it whenever you like." He says smiling widely, letting go of me before grabbing the record off the stack. "Come on."