Fairy or angel?

Outside the Gotham City animal shelter, there was a car with 4 females inside.

"You have my phone number, right?"

"Yes Tomoe."

"Well, if you need to leave earlier, call me and I will send Katsu."

"Understood ma'am." Chloe said mockingly while doing a military salute.

"Chloe" Tomoe told her in a warning tone, then sighed "be careful, this city is dangerous, caution never hurts."

"We understand and I promise you that we will be careful" Marinette assured her with a warm tone, Tomoe nodded at the girl's words, and together with Kagami they left.

Marinette and Chloe turned towards the building where the Gotham City animal shelter was located.

From the outside, the place almost looked like a normal building, just a little more colorful.  Its walls were painted color lavender and there were details of dog paws on the front door, which was black.

"It lacks a bit of style" Chloe commented as the kitten, who was in the blonde's arms, meowed in agreement "but hey, let's see what's inside."

Marinette sighed at the pair of divas in front of her. She wished that the kitten had no owner because she and Chloe had hit it off so well.

Marinette looked closely at the kitten in Chloe's arms.  Her fur was white, but it had black spots on its hind legs, a brown spot on its back, and an orange spot on its left ear, it had gray eyes and a black spot on the tip of its tail.  Nothing in her seemed to indicate that she had an owner, her fur was not well cared for, and after the scare of the previous night, she had eaten with great enthusiasm.  Sighing, she decided to drop the matter, for now, hoping she wouldn't have to separate her friend from the kitten.

The two girls and the kitten entered the shelter, the hall was well lit and cozy.  Both approached the desk where a boy of about 19 years with a black T-shirt with the logo of the animal shelter, smiled at them.

"Welcome to the Gotham City animal shelter" he said with an enthusiastic tone "my name is Henry, how can I help you?"

"My name is Marinette and she is Chloe, last night we found this little one" Marinette replied with a smile while pointing to the kitten in Chloe's arms "Chloe is interested in adopting her, but we don't know if she already belongs to someone.  Is there a way to check it?"

"Of course" said Henry with a smile while checking on his computer, then added "there are no reports of missing cats, however, we will have to make a notice about it, if no one claims it in a month, we can proceed with the adoption."

"Can she stay with me while we wait?" Chloe asked in a pleading voice "I would very much like to have her with me."

The boy reflected for a few moments, both how Marinette noticed how the kitten and Chloe did not want to separate, then something occurred to him:

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but before proceeding with an adoption, it is possible to have a trial period."

"That's correct" said the boy with a smile "it's mostly to see if the family and the animal are compatible."

"I know this is not an adoption per se, but could the trial period apply?" Marinette asked "if the kitten has an owner then we will return it."

"Sounds good to me, but I'll have to consult with the manager" answered the boy "could you wait a few minutes?"

"Of course"

"No problem."

Both girls took their seats while they waited.  It wasn't that long, after about 15 minutes an elderly woman appeared, with a slight appearance with chocolate-colored hair, her face was kind and she had wrinkles near her eyes, the kind that appears from smiling frequently.