fifty-three || fine dining

the song for this chapter is "Don't Come Back For Me," by Jaymes Young :)

***********

There is a dark room inside of my head

Developing images I'd rather forget

You laced your tongue with a poison

And it makes me remember

Oh, whatever you do
Don't come back for me
After all I've bled for you
I can hardly breathe

***********

Tate

     I stood in the bathroom finishing up my makeup and putting the last few touches on my hair.

   It felt good to be all dressed up for the first time in months. I had chosen a long sleeve fitted black mini dress that had a turtleneck collar. I paired the dress with heeled black boots and my minimalistic gold jewelry. 

   Harry had boughten me a flat iron today after I made the briefest comment about how crazy and frizzy my wavy hair had been. I had told him he didn't need to, but just like every other item I had acquired today, he bought it anyway. 

  I had straightened my hair and pulled it up into a sleek high ponytail. 

  As for makeup, as always, I kept it pretty minimal but decided to add a few extra touches just to mix things up a bit. I did a bronze eye look, accompanied by a brown-winged eyeliner that I had smudged out to blend it into the eyeshadow. I never really liked to wear lipstick, and so I just applied my cherry tinted lip balm and a bit of clear gloss to give them some color. 

    I reached into my toiletry bag and sprayed on the jasmine and bamboo perfume that I was even more fond of after today's events, and smiled at my appearance in the mirror.

  I didn't want to be conceited, but I did look good. I felt good too. 

   My legs were soft and smooth from shaving them in the shower earlier, and I felt so put together for the first time in a long time. 

   Once I was finished, I pulled open the door and walked back into the bedroom, feeling my breath catch in my throat as my eyes landed on Harry.

  He was standing over by the window, gazing out at who knows what, but looking absolutely and positively divine as he did so.

   He was dressed in an all-black suit, his hair perfectly styled, and I could smell the familiar and wonderfully intoxicating scent of his cologne from here. My eyes raked up and down his tall frame, stopping and smiling when I spotted his shoes.

   He had bought them today, I had convinced him to do so. They were Gucci boots, all black minus the gold horse bit clasp on them, and the embroidered little rainbows. It was the most color I had ever seen him wear, and even though it was a small victory, it was a victory nonetheless. 

   I think he wore the color black beautifully, but in my head, I always envisioned him in different colored suits that I knew he would be capable of pulling off. I had hyped him up in the stores we went into so much, that I had convinced him to buy some, and other colorful items of clothing as well. I could tell he wasn't comfortable enough to wear them yet, but I'm glad he at least decided to wear the boots for now. Hopefully, he would wear the other stuff too. But, alas, I was fine with the baby steps he was taking.