39.

The entire day Sean spend figuring out exactly how his plan was gonna go. He made countless phone calls to Julian, the flower shop, and the place where he got her ring just to make sure it was her size.

Periodically throughout the day he got texts from Kaycee that would take his mind away from the nerves.

Kaycee: "hey lovie, leaving now, love you!"

Sean: "tell Kylie to drive safe, love you more"

He felt so lucky that he had someone, because for the longest time he'd never really known what love felt like. Sure he went through that rocky relationship with Bailey but, that wasn't love.

Kaycee was love.

Kaycee: "just made it, how's your day baby?"

Sean: "wish you were here, but it's been good. have fun shopping, FaceTime me later and show me whatchu get!"

Kaycee: "mkay, love you"

Sean: "love you too princess"

He loved them. Simple little texts to tell him that she was safe. He was so glad that she sent small messages like that. He'd freak without them, wondering if she was okay. Especially after the car accident.

Before he knew it, it was 5:00 and kaycee was FaceTiming him.

He sighed in relief, finally getting to see her face for the first time since this morning.

Sean: "hey beautiful"

Kaycee: "hey!"

Sean: "how was it?"

Kaycee: "Kylie made me buy a whole bunch of stuff I don't need but, whatever"

They both just laughed, Sean not being surprised whatsoever.

Sean: "show me, show me, show me"

Kaycee: "Okay, but one thing is a surprise"

Sean: "is it for me?"

Kaycee: "I mean, it's mine. I wear it, but yeah it's kinda for you"

Sean: "what in the world?"

Kaycee: "quit asking questions, you'll see it soon"

She winked at him, making him blush.

Kaycee: "okay, this is the first thing"

She backed up and she was wearing a pair of lulu bright pink leggings, a black crop top, and a fuzzy white jacket.

Sean: "stunning"

Kaycee: "thanks babe, let me go change"

He sat there waiting for about 10 minutes before she came back into the frame.

Kaycee: "mkay, how about this one?"

She was wearing a pair of dark wash ripped jeans that flared out at the bottom with a yellow cropped sweater.

Sean: "wow."

Kaycee: "you like this better than the first one?"

Sean: "they're both beautiful, but yeah I think so"

Kaycee: "okay, let me get the last one"

He smiled as she ran out of frame and got changed.

She came back into the frame in a dress that hung to the floor. It was gold and shimmery. It had a slit up the leg and off the shoulder straps.

Sean: "holy fuck kayc"

Kaycee: "Sean! My parents are downstairs shh"

He laughed but, he couldn't take his eyes off of her. The way the dress hugged every part of her body that he loved

Sean: "I-I'm sorry but...wow. That's...that's hot"

Kaycee: "I knew you'd like it"

Sean: "k, show me the last one"

Kaycee: "this was the last one silly"

Sean: "no I wanna see the surprise"

Kaycee: "no, that's for in person"

Sean: "bubba..."

Kaycee: "trust me, it'll be worth the wait okay"

Sean: "fine, I'll see you in an hour for class?"

Kaycee: "I'll be there, and I love you"

Sean: "love you more babe, see you soon"

He hung up wondering exactly what she had planned for him, but maybe he'd find out tonight once they got back from dinner.

At least he hoped.

He decided to leave now. It was a little after 5:30 to pick up the roses.

When he got there, the lady handed him a bouquet of 50 roses, an assorted mixture of different blues.

Sean: "these are beautiful, she'll love them"

Lady: "girls love flowers sweet, she'll love them no matter what!"

Sean: "thanks again...uh"

Lady: "it's Mary!"

Sean: "thanks so much Mary! I'm sure I'll be back soon"

Mary: "what a good boyfriend you are Sean! Good luck tonight."

He smiled as he ran out in the timid November weather to his car. He placed the roses carefully in the passenger seat, half tempted to buckle them in.

Sean: "you got this Sean, you got this"

As he pulled into the Millenium parking lot, he took a deep breath. He was 20 minutes early but, he needed the time to get set up.

Jojo told him that he could hide the roses in the classroom, behind the radio so Kaycee wasn't aware at all.

So he made his way in, holding the bouquet as he got stares until he met Julians eyes.

Julian: "they're perfect for her man"

Sean: "yeah, I'm sweating my balls off though"

Julian: "nervous?"

Sean: "yeah, but also excited. Just ready to officially make her mine you know?"

Julian: "I've wanted you two together since before you did, so believe me, I know"

Sean laughed as they made their way into the empty classroom.

Jojo: "hey boys!"

Sean: "hey, thanks again for letting me hide these in here"

Jojo: "I'm honored that you chose my class to do it in"

Sean: "what's the song again"

Jojo: "you know what's funny, I chose To Die For by Sam Smith...it's about wanting someone to love until you die. So it's perfect for this occasion"

Sean: "I'm so excited"

Jojo: "she'll love those by the way, they're beautiful"

Sean: "her favorite color so I guess we'll see"

Jojo: "you can see by the way she looks at you Sean, she's in love with you...so you don't have anything to worry about love"

When he glanced up at the clock it was 6:30, class was starting meaning kaycee was out there and he needed to hide them now.

Jojo saw the panic arise in his eyes and she took the flowers and placed them delicately behind the stereo.

Jojo: "all's good my man; she'll love it"

Sean smiled gratefully and turned around to see Kaycee wandering around the room searching for him.