Chapter 33

(A/N- I just want to put a little warning. That something in this chapter may trigger some people so I'm going to put a ⚠️ when it's coming up and a ⚪. When it's over :)

Third Person

Owen didn't say anything on the drive home. He literally rushed everyone into the car without saying a word. Adrenaline ran through his veins, his heart thudded against his ribcage as he rushed to get home. Still being mindful of his family being in the car with him.

Mason noticed Owen's distress as he drived. When they would stop at a red light and Owen would tap the steering wheel impatiently.

"Owen what's going on?" Mason asked. He was worried because whoever rang Owen clearly said something important.

Owen didn't answer he just concentrated on the road. Noah didn't dare butt in. He didn't want to annoy Owen any further or Mason.

His hand was overstretched over Cameron. As she played with his fingers. To her it was a distraction but to Noah he was afraid his brother would crash.

After about five minutes Owen pulled up outside their house. Not even bothering to park in the driveway.

Owen got out of the car quickly heading over to the woman who stood by Robert. Who was laying down on the step of the doorway. Blood leaked from his head.

Mason turned around to Noah. "Stay here with Cam. Until I find out what's going on."

Noah nodded in understandment. As Mason quickly followed up to Owen. His eyes widened when he saw what the rush was.

"Have you called the ambulance?" Mason asked the woman.

She nodded her head. "They should be here any minute."

"What happened?" Mason watched as Owen crouched down to see if he still had a pulse.

"I was going into my own house when I saw him faint. Then I quickly rushed over and called the ambulance then you." The woman rushed out. You could tell she was nervous by the way her hands shook.

"Mason go inside and get a damp clot for his head." Owen ordered holding out the house keys. Mason nodded taking the keys from Owen. Stepping over Robert's body. As he opened the door.

Mason rushed into the kitchen grabbing a tea towel pouring cold water on it. He then rushed back out handing the cloth to Owen. Who placed it on Robert's head.

Just then a ambulance appeared. The noise and flashing lights caught Cameron's attention. She pressed her face up against the glass watching the two medics rush into the garden. Noah was just as curious watching as much as he could see.

The medics checked his vitals, then they moved him onto a stretcher. Rushing him into the ambulance.

"One of you can ride in the ambulance." One of the medics said to Owen and Mason.

"You go." Mason said and Owen nodded.

"Stay here I'll keep you updated." Owen said.

"Owen we all need to go this is our Dad." Mason grabbed his arm stopping Owen from walking any further.

"Mason stay here. You can come up later. The hospital is not good for a child." Owen said his voice in full seriousness.