-ˋ 05

CHAPTER FIVE

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH THEY SEE HIM

. . .

The English countryside sped past the train as it travelled further and futher away from King's Cross and closer and closer to the Scottish castle. Tiger had enjoyed every moment of her summer holiday - a change from the usual months off hell that her holiday consisted of. 

Of course, she absolutely loved staying with the Potters, it was practically a dream in comparison to the ones she spent with David and Grace. However there was this sense of relief, that came from the sensation of overstaying her welcome that had settled in her stomach since the beginning of the holidays. 

It was stupid really, considering how the Potters treated her and how she was not only James's girlfriend but genuinely a good person who they were wanting to help out. She had her own room, for crying out loud. But still there was this sense that she had been there too long, or that they were all secretly getting fed up of her. 

Tiger had managed to convince herself she was just overthinking it - and she was right. Not one of those doubts she had were true, and all were simply a product of the Howell girl worrying. Which she did a lot these days, but if she could live comfortably in a home whilst doing so, there weren't too many negatives in the situation. 

"Hey - isn't that the guy that McKinnon was making out with?" James said, shifting his body slightly to try and look properly out of the window behind him. He had been sat with his back against the glass, Tiger sat between his legs. 

"Hm?" She asked, looking back at him. James pointed up to the window and she peered out, only getting the chance to see the back of the guy's head. "I'll see him at the feast. I hope he actually is fit and Marlene wasn't lying to me all summer." She said.

James made what sounded extremely like a fake cough, and Tiger twisted round properly in her seat, a look of an incredulous manner appearing on her face. "James, you're seriously not jealous about this. He's not my type, anyway." 

"And your type is what, exactly?" James pretended just for a second to look interested, before his eyebrow inched upwards, making him look far too cocky for his own good.

"Apparently jealous little pricks who can't keep their glasses up their nose or leave their hair for two seconds." Tiger said, and James's jaw dropped, watching as Tiger pushed his glasses up his nose and turned around, settling on his chest for just a second before sitting up and moving to the opposite side of the carriage, looking as if she had something to say. 

Peter snorted in his sleep, tucked away in the corner opposite James. Sirius and Remus had ran off to God knows where when Remus had realised with a start that he was head boy and needed to be in the Prefects carriage.

He needed to inform the other prefects of what to do, which wouldn't take so long - and so Sirius had gone along with him, talking about the prefect bathroom that was somewhere further up the train. 

And so Tiger and James had been left in the carriage with Peter, who had fallen asleep no more than fifteen minutes after leaving the station.

"If we're doing this.." Tiger began, and James smirked, watching as the mischievous grin spread across his girlfriend's face. "I wouldn't really put me down as your type, Potter."

"Tig, you're my girlfriend." James started, before pausing and assuming the same expression as his girlfriend. "Oh we're on a last name basis again? In that case, Miss Howell, I only ended up with you because Minnie turned me down."

"James that's such a downgrade." Tiger gasped, and the two dissolved into giggles before she could come up with a comeback. 

"Merlin that bathroom was nice." Sirius appeared in the carriage once again, trying to fix his hair in the reflection in the window. "What's up with you two?" He eyed the couple across from him. 

"James is a little jealous that I wondered whether or not that Luke guy is attractive or not." Tiger said, and James's jaw dropped, ready to protest. Across from them, Sirius nodded his head slightly, and Tiger gasped at his confirmation.

"Sirius you've betrayed me!" James yelled, and both Sirius and Tiger stared at him, before turning to speak to each other.

"You know, seeing that you've seen him and I haven't, I might take a visit to the girls' cabin, get all the details." Tiger said, and Sirius nodded. "I'll tell you when I get back, James don't combust." 

And with that, Tiger got up out of her seat, messing up James's hair before leaving the compartment, making her way to the one in which Lily, Marlene and Lydia sat, ready to hear all about the mysterious boy that Marlene had gotten herself.