chapter twenty-two - eventually.

EVENTUALLY NEVER came. A month had passed and Ophelia could just barely make out a bump on her figure. Her clothes were tightening, especially her pants, in more way than one, and the morning sickness had subsided. Aaron definitely noticed, but he couldn't pinpoint on what made her look so good. She just did.
      "Aaron!" She gasped as his hand met her bottom. "I had coffee in my hands, what if I spilt it?" She whined. No one was around in the office kitchenette, but it was risky all the same.
      "Sorry love, I just can't help myself," He whispered darkly, still looming behind her as she poured an ungodly amount of sugar into Spencer's coffee. His hands rested on either side of her on the counter, trapping her beneath him. She turned to face him, two steaming cups in either hand.
      "Can I go, sir?" She giggled. His eyes were level with her chest and he didn't try to hide his staring.
      "Kiss me," He ordered, a sheepish smirk forming on his face. Her eyebrows raised in surprise.
      "Aaron," She chuckled in protest.
      "Kiss me, and you can go," He repeated, just inches away from her face. She oblidged, planting a gentle kiss on his lips. He held himself there for just a moment, then begrudgingly lifted his arm.
      "Thank you," She mused, purposefully swaying her hips as she returned to the cluster of desks in the bullpen.
      "Five sugars," She placed the coffee on Spencer's desk with a wide smile still lingering on her lips.
      "What's got you so red?" She didn't even notice.
      "I'm not red," She patted her warm cheeks in denial.
      "Yes, you are," Spencer took a sip from his cup. Her smile was so obvious that he couldn't help but return one.
"Hey guys, we've got a case," JJ rushed into the bullpen, cellphone in hand. Spencer and Ophelia shared a look; almost to say 'we'll talk about this later'. She blushed harder, if it was possible, and followed the rest of the team into the conference room.

"Several illegal immigrants have been found dead on the Texas border, and until recently, they seemingly died of exhaustion," She clicked her pointer to show the faces of what Ophelia assumed to be the victims.
"What changed?" She questioned. JJ clicked once more, and the decapitafed heads of several men showed on the screen. She winced.
"The decapitaded heads of five men recently showed up on the police departments doorstep, all without documents for a stay in the US," Ophelia gulped. Please don't throw up. Usually she could stomach gore, but with morning sickness just recently subsiding, she was extra sensitive.
"What makes them think they're connected?" Aaron asked, lifting his gaze from the case file.
"The M.E. found an abnormal amount of sand in the victims lungs,"
"They were running," Spencer connected.
"What were they running from?"

      Three gruesome days of finding more bodies and no leads followed. They were always once step behind the unsub. Ophelia stood in front of the profile board, silently analyzing the case. The rest of the team were either interviewing a possible suspect, reading over the case with the deputy, or taking a coffee break. So when a presence suddenly appeared next to her, she was shaken out of her thoughts and turned her attention to the man beside her.
      "Deputy Boyd," She greeted, looking the officer up and down. Usually deputies weren't this involved in cases, and Ophelia just felt odd being alone with him. She couldn't pinpoint why, but he was definitely too excited to see her without Hotch or Morgan by her side. He nodded a hello and gazed at the board.
      "What do you think about all this?" He asked grumpily. She watched as he looked at all the evidence pinned to the board.
      "About what?" Her brow curved downward. She prayed he wasn't going to ask what she thought he was implying.
      "Aliens getting killed," There it was. Of course.
      "I'm not allowed to answer that," She shot back coldly. She was really tying her best to remain professional and not absolutely school this dimwitted deputy in front of the entire department. He was quiet for a moment.
      "I would say they shouldn't try to cross the boarder if they don't want-"
      "With all due respect, deputy, people are dying," She folded her arms and faced him. She could feel her cheeks burning with fury. "I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself and let me do my job so I can stop that," It was his turn to scan the agent's body. He was smart enough to walk away without another word. Ophelia took a deep breath and fixed her hair, almost as if it started to frizz with her anger.
      "What was that about?" Aaron approached her from behind and she stifled the urge to flinch as he rested his hand on the small of her back. She was still on edge from being so creeped out by the deputy.
      "He was distracting me from doing my job," She said vaguely. She knew she shouldn't have snapped at someone like that, especially on an active case where they were a guest at the department.
      "Mhm," He smirked adoringly at her. He didn't want to say anything as to not anger her further, but she was undeniably cute when she was mad. She almost blushed, almost. Instead she sighed and focused back on the board. If they missed something, she would find it.