Chapter 21

The next morning, Yong had someone fetch me clothes. The clothes were dark blue in color and different than the dresses and gowns I'd worn up until this point. The outfit was a pair of loose fitting pants paired with a cross-tied, shorter dress that was thicker with leather pads sown to the shoulders. The sleeves were fitted like a long sleeved tshirt with leather cuffs that stopped at my wrist and protected half of my forearms. The belt that was tied on top was also made of leather. I swung my arm around and twisted in the clothing after the maid fairies dressed me. They didn't say anything, but I saw the questions in their face. Yong came back and looked over the outfit.

"Looks good," he smiled. I dropped my arms as I looked at him.

"I've been meaning to ask. Technology in the Mortal Realm is so advanced these days, for example: pants. Why do we have to go around like we're in the ancient era and wear dresses and gowns every day?" I asked. Yong scoffed as he straightened the belt on me.

"Did you forget? We live for hundreds of thousands of years. Things made on the Mortal Realm are mostly temporary or need constant replacement. It's easily to go with what works. As for clothes, same thing. We can fly to our destination if we want. Do you really think denim rubbing together every time you take a step can withstand a couple thousand years?" He answered my question with a question. It made sense. He held my shoulders gently as he sighed.

"Alright, be careful on your way," he said before placing a kiss on my head. When I got to the Imperial Army ground, Heavenly General was waiting for me. He bowed when he saw me.

"Princess, what can I do for you?" He asked.

"I've come to join the ranks," I replied. His eyes widened as he looked at me.

"Princess, I'm aware of your talents, but do you think this is appropriate?" He asked hesitantly.

"I've already gotten my great-godfather's permission to go to whatever faction I choose. I figured my energy would be best served here," I explained.

"But we're due to go to battle in the Northern Territory with the First Prince soon," he said, like I only came for fun.

"Perfect. I'm not asking for special treatment. I just want to help with the efforts against the Demon Realm. You said yourself at Heavenly Cloud: I could easily become the most destructive and unpredictable weapon," I reminded him. He hesitated again before opening the gate for me. I saw quickly why he hesitated. With all of the soldiers training, I didn't see a single woman.

"For now, we'll put you in the general's tent since you're the only woman," he said, leading me to the tent. I walked inside before nodding to him.

"I'll go join training," I said before walking out to the training field. Most of the soldiers weren't using much internal energy as they practiced. I watched for a moment and quickly saw the problem.

"Heavenly General, why does their training feel so... lazy?" I asked. He sighed in defeat.

"They value their lives, but forget it can be easily taken. Most of the soldiers here are descendants of noble immortals. It's hard to get them to take it seriously until the battle is right in front of them," he admitted.

"Want me to give you a hand?" I smirked at him. He nodded. I covered my face with a handkerchief before flying into the middle of their practice while pulling my sword. I knocked a few of the soldiers off their feet before they finally realized the threat. They came at me with their swords but I was faster. I teased them by hitting a few of their helmets with my hand and pushing others. Soon, everyone's attention was on me. They chased and swung, but they couldn't keep up with me. I flew over them, under them, and teased them the whole time. They finally actually started working hard to catch me. After a few minutes, I placed my feet on the ground and recalled my sword as untied the handkerchief with my free hand. They all stopped before lowering their swords. I couldn't help it, I was angry.

"Heavenly General spends him time and effort training you all to fight demons to protect Heaven, and this is how you repay him?! Your lackluster efforts will get you killed! Do you expect others to save you out there? You couldn't even touch me just now. Even though you all had weapons in your hands, you couldn't react in time to attack. Start taking this seriously, or the next time you draw your sword will be your last," I said loudly so they could all hear me.

"Are we really going to take orders from this girl?" A guy said as he eyed me. I scoffed as I rolled my eyes.

"You'll most likely be the first killed," I responded on instinct. A soldier rushed forward and bowed to me. I recognized the face immediately.

"High Immortal Princess," he acknowledged me. The other soldiers started muttering amongst themselves as Heavenly General came to stand next to me.

"Let me formally introduce someone. This is High Immortal, Princess Aivi. The goddaughter of the Second Prince. The only all-faction student with god of gods internal energy. As of today, I'm conferring her the title of Weapons Trainer," Heavenly General introduced me. Hesitantly, the other soldiers recalled their swords and bowed.

"Greetings, Princess," they greeted me. I looked to the soldier who mouthed off earlier.

"What's your name?" I asked him.

"Levean, son of the Eastern Sea Lord," he answered. I stepped closer to him as I crossed my arms.

"Levean, let's spar. Prove to me that you won't get yourself killed," I said as I called my sword back out. The other soldiers made room as Levean's eyes widened. I knew my reputation proceeded me, but watching the fear in his face gave me so much joy.