Chapter 11

“New leader? I thought they’d had that set for later, It hasn’t even been a full day.” Naegi felt his fists tighten, glaring upward at the adult who apparently had something to prove. 

Munakata rolled his eyes, looking back towards the night sky and shaking his head.

“Of course the lower brass doesn’t get the news first, Pitiful. I’m here to change every mistake any of you have made, starting with a possible traitor and that old man's mistakes.”

Naegi’s eyes weren’t wide with fear of the man anymore, almost pure hatred. The way he could so casually speak ill of the dead made him near his wit’s end. With no medication, the male had trouble taking care of himself.

“Take it back…” Naegi hissed, placing a foot forward and glaring upward, The way all of this made Kirigiri feel lingered in his mind, He couldn’t allow this man to just spit such lies.

“What was that?” He asked with a small laugh.

“Raise your fist at me and it’ll get broken by my own guards. None of these members will even bat an eye while beneath me. Not like that fool ran this place properly.” 

Before he could dash forward, Asahina grabbed Naegi’s arm, holding him back.

“You bastard, I said take it back!” He yelled, flailing his body and kicking the glasses off of Munakata’s face, watching them fall down to the lower levels.

“Naegi, stop!” She pulled him back as Kyosuke rubbed the bridge of his nose and burst into laughter.

It was a complete stalemate as no one would die but Naegi refused to let him go without apologizing for what he said about the fallen leader.

Both guards had already gotten in front of the tall male to defend him.

“Let it be, you can’t get kicked out of here. Think of the big picture here.” The ponytailed brunette pleaded as Naegi only slipped out of her grasp and stumbled forward.

“Kirigiri worked for him for years, she lived for him. You even have the right to call him a fool?!” He was shoved to the ground by the leader’s bodyguards.

“Release him, He got a hopefully accidental strike. He knows what he’ll get if he does it again.” Munakata sighed, pulling a pair of glasses from his pocket and sliding them on.

Naegi was let go, wincing in pain as he looked up as blood trickled from his nose and splattered onto the floor. His eyes were complete daggers as he was struggling to catch his breath.

“Humor me, child. Do you know where you are right now?” The grown male mused, a smirk plastered onto his face.

Aoi backed away in fear, knowing that trying to pull Naegi back would get herself hurt as well.

“Huh?” Naegi’s face was instantly met with the heel of Munakata's shoe, his head slammed back down into the floor.

Nowhere near over Kyosuke had swiftly aimed his foot towards the smaller male’s abdomen. Specifically his wound.

Naegi practically screamed as it echoed throughout the facility and continued to get kicked from above, one final slam delivered to his head while feeling the hard heel dig into his neck.

“The perfect kicking position, consider this your first and final warning.”

‘Who the hell does he think he is?!’ Naegi screamed in his mind while his breathing was shallow, barely able to think straight.