𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓸𝓷𝓮

" Aurelie get back here this instant. I mean it, no ice cream cones for a month if you don't let me put on your shoe in my hand right this minute young lady." I said, my French accent thick. This has been going on for about ten minutes now. You would think the toddler would give up already, but this girl's got energy. She darted past me and ran into the closet trying to hide from me. Although her attempt wasn't very successful. You could still see a mop of curly brown curls with streaks of pure white hiding behind the door. Not to mention she was trying to stop the fidgeting by hiding her giggles in her hand. I sighed and went to go in the kitchen to fix her food. Abandoning my hunt for now.

You're probably asking yourself why am I chasing her anyway. Well for one she's my girl, no not like that. I mean she's my kid, as in blood related. And two, we have to get ready to take her to daycare. Yes, we, as in my two kids. Being a single parent is hard especially when you're a 19 year old male and live with abusive assholes for parents. Yes, you heard it right male not female. Don't worry I'm used to the surprised looks and stares already. We get them almost every time from when we go in public. It's so annoying because the tattoos make it worse. So to paint the mental image, imagine a 5'7 black with white streaks of hair male with soulmarks on their hands and arms. Not to mention that 5'7 male looks mostly like a girl and is carrying a 3 year old on their hip everywhere they go. Oh and in case you forgot, Éloise my oldest baby doesn't like people in general except for me and Aurelie so he tends to give off the 'don't fuck with me and my family emo' type aura. So no one dares to grab our attention by saying anything.

Amazing I know right. But I wouldn't have it any other way. They're my best friends after all. They've been with me through thick and thin. Cheesy as it sounds they are possibly my only friends, that is if you're not counting Audrey and Dawn. That's a story for a later time though. I finished packing Aurelie's lunch and went to put it in the back seat of our car. I groaned as my ears started ringing. Damn, my head hurt from last night's beating I took. Now that I think about it. All of my bones hurt from last night. I'm surprised I can still walk. Confused yet? Let me inform you then, but I need to warn you it's not exactly.. pleasant to read.

Flashback

I raced down the streets from the gas station as I quickly tried to get back to my house. It's already 9:00pm, shit I have to make it in time before he gets her. It's raining too, great just my luck now he's going to be pissed that I got this in the front lawn. I hope Father hasn't started yet.

Out of breath I ran to the front door knocking. My heart stopped as I heard screaming coming from the other side. No, crap how could I be so careless as to let her stay without protection? " Open up. Now! Look I got your damn beer bottles that you had me get so open the goddamn door before I push it down." Who am I kidding? Literally I couldn't push this door down if I tried. God did not give me physical strength and I'm too scrawny for it.

Father opened the door. His hair sweaty from god knows what he's done .. or what he's doing, his tall height would make anyone cower away, and his muscular appearance makes it all the worse. I brought my eyes to look at him. Ugh, curse my anxiety it appears at the wrong times. " Where's my damn drink boy?" He said anger laced in French. I shakily hand him the pack of beer bottles in my hand. " Right here father. Now, let me see my kids. They aren't yours and I can sure as hell file a lawsuit on you even if you are my father." I froze. Wrong thing to say dammit. That wasn't supposed to come out like that. I flinched as he grabbed my hair harshly yanking it.

He walked past the door locking it on his way out. He dragged me all the way to the living room. I could've sworn half of my hair was pulled out just this one grip, I didn't dare make a sound after all it would only make matters worse. I just hoped my kids weren't in the room to witness this. Apparently luck isn't on my side because my youngest Aurelie was sitting watching Tv on the couch. She's so young I don't want to ruin her innocence by witnessing what he's going to do to me. I muster up all the courage and let out a squeak when I'm abruptly thrown on the floor.