Chapter 12

*Blair's POV*

It's been over two weeks from when Merilyn and I have first started training. Surprisingly, I have been able to master my powers with the elements faster than we both thought.

"Blair I'm so proud of you! I thought this would take months! It must be your mom's genes, you lucky lucky witch." She tells me causing me to laugh.

"I didn't know I could do this either," I tell her honestly.

"We'll just keep practicing. I believe you can start learning on your own but I'll always be here if you need my help." She tells me. I nod and hug her as a thank you.

"Oh! I almost forgot," she says going over to her bag. She grabs a book and hands it to me, "This is my spellbook, I've memorized almost every spell from it so I don't need it anymore. You keep it and use it. Maybe we can ask Alpha if we can go back to your old pack building if it's still up to see if we can get your moms."

I grab the book from her hands and almost scream at the realization that I haven't gone back since I left.

"Oh, Merilyn! That's such a good idea! I'll tell him tonight. Thank you again!" I tell her giving her one last hug before running back to Mark's house.

I run as fast as I can making sure to hold the book tightly to my chest. Once I finally reach the house I barge through the doors. Yelling from the living room stops me.

"Mark?" I ask. I put the book down on the kitchen counter and walk into the living room to see Mark and two others on the couch playing video games with him.

"Oh hey, Blair, these are our betta and Gamma, Kepler our Betta and Jones is the Gamma." He tells me.

"Luna," They say in unison.

"Hi, but please just call me Blair," I tell them.

"Whatever ya say, Blair," Jones says.

"Got it," Kepler says.

I smile at the two while I go prepare some snacks for them. I pour a bag of potato chips I found in the kitchen into a big bowl. I put the bowl in front of the three.

"Thanks!" They all say. I sit next to Mark quietly and observe their game. I stop looking at the game when I hear someone groan. I turn to see Kepler with his head back.

"I swear! Maya always has food cravings now! I can't get out of the house for an hour before getting mind linked to go buy her something. And it's only been a month!" He says. I can't help but laugh.

"Well that's what you get when you get her pregnant," I tell him. He glares at me before declaring that he has to go.

"You should invite her over sometime. I'd love to meet her." I tell him before he leaves.

"Will do Luna" He salutes before leaving. I roll my eyes at his childish behavior and continue to watch Jones and Mark play.

Jones end's up killing Mark in whatever game they were playing causing Mark to start growling at him. I end their banter pretty quickly and Jones ends up leaving too, explaining how his mate wanted him home.

We walk him out while I put the frozen pizza in the oven.

"Mark!" I yell at him.

"Yes?" He asks.

"So...I was thinking..Merilyn gave me a spellbook of hers but what if we went to my old pack and try to see if maybe we can find my mom's spellbook?" I tell him grabbing the pizza from the oven and cutting into eight slices.

"I don't think it's a good idea," he says causing me to stop cutting the pizza.

"Why not?"

"Well think about it Blair, we don't know if anyone owns that piece of land anymore, and if no one does then we could be interfering with rogues." I could feel myself burning up with anger from his statement.

"That isn't a good reason on why not," I tell him.

"Well, I don't think we should go." He continues to argue.

"Well I don't care what you want, I'll go on my own if you don't want to come with me." I can see his eye color switching. But do I give a fuck? No.

"You don't talk to your Alpha like that." He growls out.

"You are not my Alpha. Just because I'm your mate doesn't make you my Alpha." I tell him.

"You are not going and that's final Blair." He says. Without thinking I burn the pizza. In a matter of seconds, the fire grows on the pizza.

"Holy shit," He says.

"Ventus" I mumble quietly and move my hand to wipe the fire out using wind. It's gone but left the pizza black. I turn away from it to see Mark with wide eyes.

"Whether you like it or not Mark, I'm going and there is nothing you can do to stop me. So you either come with me or stay here." I tell him before leaving the kitchen to go upstairs and pack.

Grabbing a backpack, I put two extra pairs of clothing and my bow and arrows. I stop when I feel the hairs on the back of my neck stick up indicating that he's close. Not even minutes later he enters the bedroom. I don't spare him a single glance though and continue to pack my things.

He stops me by wrapping his arms around my waist giving me a back hug.

"We leave tomorrow morning," He tells me causing me to grin.

"Great! I packed my things do you want me to pack you some of your stuff as well?" I ask him.

"Sure." He says.

And with that, I pack his things and we peacefully get ready for bed.