Chapter 10

Grindelwald just stares at her for a minute, and Tina's worried that he won't say anything for a minute, and just stare at her till she leaves. But eventually, his shoulders slump slightly, and Tina's eyes widen a little at the movement. He looks really tired now that she looks, and his hands are a bit unsteady, like he wants to break out of the bindings restraining him.

"I hear you haven't been answering any questions from the other Auror." Tina states, and Grindelwald looks up. His eyes are sharper, but he doesn't look like he'll actually tell her anything, at least not without something in return.

"I told you I'd only talk to Newton," Grindelwald murmurs, before Tina can sigh, and wonder why she became an Auror, Grindelwald speaks again. "However, if you tell me about Newton, how he is right now, and where. Other stuff too, like how you meet, and other details about the two of you, I might be more talkative." Tina stares at him for a minute, before sitting in front of him.

"Right, well I suppose we could do that." Tina relents, and Grindelwald looks surprised for a moment, before his face goes blank. "Newt is in the hospital, he's fine, just recovering. The nurse I spoke to said that they just wanted to make sure there was no lasting damage inflicted on his nerves, or anywhere else." Tina admits, and Grindelwald sighs, a little of what sounds like relief to Tina.

"Alright, thank you for informing me. That dreadful Auror wouldn't tell me anything." Grindelwald drawls, and Tina rolls her eyes.

"That's part of his job." It's Grindelwald's turn to roll his eyes.

"Yes, yes, I know. Anyways, you'll find more of my followers in Berlin, they'll most likely be in hotels scattered around Berlin, and some might even be further out of Berlin." Grindelwald states, Tina sighs again.

"Well, thank you for cooperating." TIna goes to get up, but Grindelwald moves forward, the restraints holding him back.

"Ms. Goldstein, you should know that you're the only one I will talk to, that is until Newton is back and able to see me. So, that means you should probably stay put and get as much information out of me as you possibly can, no?" Grindelwald informs her, without even breaking eye contact. Tina shrugs.

"I guess you're right, but I should probably grab a pen and paper if that's the case." Tina exits the room for a minute, both to collect her thoughts, and grab that pen, and paper.

When she heads back into the room paper and pen in her hand, Grindelwald is sitting a bit further back in his chair, with his hands clasped on the table. He looks more relaxed then when Tina left the room, Tina takes the seat across from him again, and clears her throat.

"Okay, I have another question then." Tina states, and Grindelwald narrows his eyes, but waits her out. "Why are you suddenly interested in Newt? I mean, you did try to have us both killed." Tina points out, and Grindelwald winces.

"Newton is way to clever for his own good, you know when he actually figured out who I was was in that interrogation room right?" Grindelwald measures Tina with a look. Tina isn't too sure what it's supposed to mean, but she doesn't commnet.

"That was the reason I tried to have you both executed, a lot of good that did me. Newton fascinated me, but I needed Percival's face a little longer, to complete some plans, or gain more followers." Grindelwald explains, and Tina nods. "Can I ask my questions about Newton now?" Grindelwald stares at Tina, a little unnervingly.

"I guess so, I'll try my best to answer your questions." Tina answers, she scribbles Berlin into her notebook, making sure to write down hotels, so she doesn't forget about it.

"How did you meet Newton?" Grindelwald, and Tina glances up at him for a minute.

"Well, Credence, the Obscurial you were after, I helped him before, used magic on his adoptive Mother who was abusing him. They revoked my status as an Auror, one day, I went to one of Mary Lou's meetings, I'm sure you know what meetings. Anyways, Newt was there too, he bumped into me while trying to move closer, he ended up accidentally tripping a no-maj. Mary Lou caught sight of him, but then he was excusing himself, and running into the bank." Tina starts, smiling fondly at the thought of Newt.

"I thought he was suspicious, so I followed him into the bank. He was acting weird, and seemed to be chasing something, it was his Niffler, which I caught sight of when it jumped over the wall to get closer to the vaults. Then the No-Maj that he tripped, and sat next to when he first walked in had an egg in his hand, and Newt used magic to bring him closer, and then Apperate. The egg was apparently hatching, and Newt needed to catch the Niffler, so he Apperated with the No-Maj." Tina explain, Grindelwald is leaning forward, and seems to be very interested in the topic.

"How did you end up introducing yourself to him?" Grindelwald questions, a curious light in his eyes.

"Well, Newt had apparently Apperated them into the basement of the bank, because all of a sudden the alarm was going off. I was able to make it outside in time to see Newt about to Obliviate the No-Maj, I headed down toward them before I seen whether or not he Oblivated him." Tina says, and Grindelwald raises an eyebrow. "Well, when I got there, the No-Maj wasn't there, and Newt was trying to act like nothing happened. I Apperated us to a more hidden location, and asked him if he Oblivated the No-Maj." Tina shrugs.

"That's a rather interesting first meeting." Grindelwald comments, and Tina raises a brow.

"Is it?" Tina doesn't really think so, but then again Grindelwald probably finds anything Newt related interesting. Grindelwald doesn't answer that question.

"What happened once you Apperated him away?" Grindelwald questions, and Tina sighs.

"Well, he told me he hadn't Oblivated the No-Maj, so I told him I was taking him into MACUSA." Tina answers, then shrugs. "You know what happened from there." Grindelwald nods, and stares into the distance for a minute.

"You'll find more of my followers in Beijing, where about I'm not too sure." Grindelwald admits, and Tina jots that down, before waiting for Grindelwald's next question.

It will be a long night.