CHAPTER 46

I dedicate this chapter to Thanks for reading Hun😘

KACELY
Song: Fool for you - ZAYN

"What's colonial virus?" Afi asks as she picks out the pieces of meat from her bread. I spot her and she stops.

"It's Corona Afi, not colonial"

"OK, Coronavirus. What is it?"

"According to what I see here, it's a respiratory illness. It affects your breathing organs and stuff." I explain from my phone "It gives you breathing problems, slow speech... Stuff like that."

"That's sad." She says and tries using her index finger to remove the food stuck at the side of her mouth.

"What's that?" I frown

"There's food at the corner of my mouth, behind my gum." She pouts.

"Then use your tongue not your finger."

"You guys come and take." Mom says and hands us some pieces of cloth.

"What's this?" I ask her.

"Face masks. To protect you from the virus."

"This thing is serious eh" Afi says and measures the masks.

"Yup, if schools could get called off then it is serious."

"There's no school?!" Afi asks in excitement.

"Mhmm, that's why we're still home na. We're supposed to be in school by now, it's 9:14am"

"No school?? till when?" Her face lights up.

"I don't know." I shrug and sit down.

"Yuuuuppppiiiie!" She yells and runs round the parlour.

"This your sister really hates school." Mom laughs.

"It's the genes. She got it from you."

"No, she shouldn't take that aspect from me." She giggles.

"I'll watch Garfield untiiiil! Where's Garfielda? Garfielda!" She calls out and goes looking for her cat.

"Baby, I've been meaning to tell you something." Mom draws my attention

"Tell me what?" I fold my arms.

"I'm seeing someone." She smiles and takes out her phone showing me a few photos of a certain guy and some with both of them in it.

"Wow mom. You guys looks so... good together." I confess while giggling.

"I know..." She smiles and if she were white her cheeks would be red as a tomato."What's his name?"

"Pivaga." She answers. "I met him in late January. I really like him."

"It's clear. You've been smiling since you brought him up" I giggle and she pushes me playfully.

"Anyways... He says he wants to meet you and your sister. He's been wanting to for weeks now."

"Where did you guys meet?" I ask her.

"At the bank. We were sitting next to each other on the waiting bench and we started talking... and one thing led to another and here we are."

"Sounds like the ideal love story."

"Get out." She says and we both laugh.

"When does he want us to meet? Especially with the whole virus thing out there."

"He can come over today or tomorrow if you agree."

"If I agree? Why is it up to me?" I ask

"Because you're the man of the house obviously."