A simple misunderstanding (Mark)

"Yes, like that," the camera director said. "Very good, yeah. Good job, Mark."

"Thank you," the idol bowed.

"That's should be sufficient for the shoot, I think," said the director, looking at the photos on the computer screen. "Please send Kai in, it's time for his shoot."

Mark did as he was bid. He had been here since early morning with the other members of SuperM and the hours of posing and changing one outfit for another had taken a toll on him. He saw Baekhyun and Ten resting on a couch and went to join them.

"Mark," Baekhyun patted the space beside him where Mark sat. "You should check your phone," he said, much to Mark's confusion. "It has rung a couple of times during your shoot."

Mark hadn't been expecting any calls but he fished the device out of his bag and the screen lit up. 7 missed calls from Y/N. And there were a couple of messages too. Something's not right. Before he could read the messages Y/N called again. "Hey, Y/N-"

"I've been trying to reach for two hours now. Where were you?" She sounded pissed.

Mark was still perplexed regarding the whole situation. "I'm at a photoshoot. Everything okay?" The two members were looking at him, concerned.

"At a photoshoot?" She was incredulous. "Are you kidding me, Mark?"

"What's wrong?" Mark tried to reason, "Why are you angry?"

"What about our date?" Was that today!? "You were supposed to be here two hours ago." It was obvious that she was trying to control her tone. "You didn't even bother to tell me that something else had come up? I can't believe I'm being stood up by you. Again."

"Oh, no. I'm so sorry, Y/N. I completely forgot the-"

"You forgot that you had promised me a date?" Her tone was soft but the message it carried was loud and clear. She was very hurt. Before Mark could make amends, he heard a beep sound. She had hung up on him.

"Oh, come on," he mumbled before redialling her number. As expected, she didn't pick up.

"You guys having a fight?" asked Ten. "But you need to relax. You look panicked."

Mark rubbed the nape of his neck, "I'm such an idiot."

"What'd you do?" Ten asked.

"I told her I'd take her out on a date but I confused it with the day of the photoshoot. Until today I was thinking that our date is tomorrow." He massaged his temples, "she is so not gonna forgive me this time."

"But isn't she your girlfriend?" Baekhyun spoke up, "she should understand how important an idol's career is."

The only thing that concerned Mark at the moment was making it up to Y/N. He did not want to get in this conversation with Baekhyun but he couldn't just let him talk like that about her, especially when he didn't know her. "She does understand, Hyung," he stated firmly. He kept on redialling her number.

"You're in the middle of work and her getting upset like that will distract you, wouldn't it?" Ten spoke up. Why were they being like this today?

Maybe he knew why. Some time ago, Mark had brought Y/N to meet the members of SuperM but little did he know that it was awful timing. Y/N's answer for the universities she had applied for was fast approaching and therefore, she had been as taut as a bowstring. And being naturally reserved she couldn't interact with them too much. This led the members to believe that she wasn't friendly and first impressions are important.

"Don't worry, Hyung. I'm a professional," he replied dismissively.

Baekhyun chuckled, "whatever you say." Mark didn't like that tone. He seemed to be implying that Mark was defending her for no reason.

"You don't understand," Mark began. "It is my fault. Also, we shouldn't judge someone based on the first time we meet them. Hyung, I'd like for you to meet her again, you'll know that she's much different from what you believe.

She's always so nice and understanding. I've had to cancel our dates so many times because things regarding work came up. She always understood and that's why I always feel sorry towards her. I even... stood her up a couple of times," he admitted, ashamed. "The last time it happened it was very difficult to get her to forgive me. I don't know how I'll do it this time."

The two members went silent after Mark's speech then quickly apologized and told Mark to not get so worked up. "Just be honest with her. Tell her it was a simple misunderstanding and she'll forgive you this time too."

"I hope so," Mark mumbled before the three of them were called for the next shoot. As he had promised, he worked professionally and no one could have guessed what was going through his mind.

At the end of the shoot when all the members sat in their manager's car to go home, Mark said that he would go on his own since he had some business to take care of. He took a taxi straight to Y/N's house.

"Who is it?" Her voice called out behind the door after he had rung the doorbell.

"It's... me." Silence followed until Y/N cracked open the door an inch.

"Why are you here now?" She questioned sullenly.

"Can I come in? Please?"

"No," she said firmly. "Say what you wanna say and go."

"I didn't forget our date, I promise," he began. "I didn't even forget the day, I only mixed it up. I thought it was tomorrow. You believe me, right? I didn't do this on purpose."

Y/N opened the door wider and retreated inside the house. Progress, Mark smiled and followed her inside, closing the door behind him.

xxx

Thank you @Marvelstan0905 for requesting this!