chapter nine: lights, camera, action!

Finally, they return to Korea. The members all walk out- some looking scruffy with unruly hair after sleeping in the plane while some are still neat as before.

The paparazzi and fansites start snapping their pics and some of the idols even wave though, partly dazed at the same time.

Donghyuck is still half-asleep and he cups his beautiful bare face to slap himself awake when he spots a certain tiny staff walking in front of him.

He grins with mischief glinting in his eyes before he runs and intentionally bumps into her.

Eunwol stumbles but fortunately, doesn't make it to the ground and she glares at him under her cap.

"Ya! What was that for?" She snaps.

"To help me wake up. Wow, look at that! It's working already," he says and puts on a face of surprise.

She hisses and he cooes.

"Aww! The itty bitty koala is hissing! Soo cuuute!" He starts clinging onto her and she thrashes- trying to push him away.

He snickers at her adorable sweater paws from her huge jacket as she tries to punch him.

"There are cameras! They're taking photos, remember??" Wollie reminds and he makes an 'O' with his lips.

"You're right," he agrees and lets go- now, walking normally beside her. "Don't worry, it's fine. I don't think they managed to take a lot of pics."

Oh, but at least, they did get some.

-

Haechan yawns as he exits his shared room with Johnny and goes to get water- unexpectedly, bumping into Doyoung who's doing the same.

"Hey, hyung," Donghyuck grumbles, half-asleep.

Doyoung bobs his head. "Oh, hey."

They're silent as they each grab their own glass.

"Where did you go yesterday?" Young asks.

He yawns again, looking extremely soft. "What do you mean? When?"

"I went to your hotel room last night. I knew Johnny wasn't there so I expected you to open the door but, you didn't either."

Donghyuck suddenly awakes fully as the panic floods but he controls his reaction. "Ah, that night. I was just out to have a little drink and some snack."

"Drink? Where?"

"Just some coffee shop," Hyuck calmly answers.

Doyoung claps his hands as if remembering something. "Oh! You mean at the cafe downstairs at the lobby?"

Haechan nods. "Yeah, that's the one. I didn't wanna go too far so I just went somewhere nearby."

The older holds his gaze at him for a while before grinning. "Ohhh, so that's why."

"Hyung, you should call or text next time if you wanna visit. So that I can tell you beforehand if I'm there or not," Hyuck suggests, still able to hide his nerves.

"Yeah, fine. I'll do that, you little brat," Doyoung chuckles and Hyuck does the same despite his being a little dry.

The older then walks out while sipping his glass of water, thoughts running. Liar.

He speaks in his mind as he recalls Donghyuck's magnificent acting. The cafe's on the rooftop, there's only the souvenir shop at the lobby.

Young furrows. Why did he even lie?