𝙭𝙭𝙭𝙫 ── sweetheart, you're no fun.

𝙘hapter 𝙩hirty-𝙛ive
❛⠀sweetheart, you're no fun⠀❜

𝙘hapter 𝙩hirty-𝙛ive❛⠀sweetheart, you're no fun⠀❜

waking up used to be something that ROISIN MCLOUGHLIN dreaded. she hated the thought of facing a new day, trudging through the motions just to accomplish nothing yet again. so she would stay in bed until baby begged her for food, trying endlessly to fall back into the abyss of nothingness that soothed her as she slept. it was horrible. the inky tendrils of her withdrawals tugging and tugging and tugging tirelessly at her weak body.

then she started to get better. rehab wasn't her first choice, but the centre in london was bright and beautiful and a place for healing that roisin didn't realise she needed. they taught her discipline and gave her the means to fight back against her addiction: something she never thought she would have. and when she flung open those double doors and left that place of sunshine behind, she felt new. whole. excited to wake up because it meant that she had a chance to prove herself.

the internet hated her, and it hurt, but she had her brother. the girl who broke her heart was still lingering in the back of her mind, but that was okay. she had imane and imogen to distract her. she met corpse. axel. a part of her always knew that he was special - she just always thought that he would be special to someone else. she wasn't good enough for him. until she realised that she was, that they were good enough for each other. that they needed each other more than they had ever needed anyone before.