• [ 32 ] •

Rose's POV

I sit next to Aiden in my Water Manipulation class, dwelling on Oceanus's words. Why would these Shadows begin appearing? Who controls the Shadow people? Why so early in the year? My questions just lead to more questions.

"Rose!" Aiden waves his hand in my face. I shake my head.

"Sorry, I just have a lot on my mind." I tell him.

"It's alright, I was just worried." Aiden responds, looking at my features trying to understand me.

"Good morning class. Today we will be working outside in the courtyard, near the dragon riders. We will be working with another Water Manipulation class on your water control while maintaining good posture. Please follow me outside." Mr.Kato states.

We walk outside and line up around the courtyard fountain. I see Oliver in the other water manipulation class and motion him over. I smile when he reaches me and I wait to be told what to do.

"Hello everyone, for those of you who don't know me, my name is Mr.Kato. Mr.Sullivan and I brought you all here so that we could practice and perfect your balance and stance. As an example, Rose will manipulate a ball of water without any deformations, while balancing 4 books on her head." Mr.Kato says, motioning me over. I stand in front of him and he places the books on my head.

"Either manipulate the water from the fountain or get the source elsewhere. I will be criticizing your posture as you focus, do not let me deter your concentration." Mr.Sullivan instructs me. I want to nod in understanding, but then I remember about the books on my head.

I close my eyes, roll my shoulders and straighten out my back. I stabilize my breathing and focus on the humidity in the air. I concentrate on pulling out the H2O from the air molecules, forming a ball of water. When I gather enough water, I join the molecules together in hopes of the water forming covalent bonds. After the humidity is gathered together, I shape out the ball of water, making sure that my manipulation has a perfect round shape.

I open my eyes and and continue manipulating the water. I split my perfect circle into four, then into eight. I move the water balls gracefully through the air. I then combine the water once more and form a stream like water formation. I move it through the air, the breeze gliding along my manipulation.

"Sharper." Mr.Kato says. I forgot that he was here for a moment. I break down my stream into a protective force field and maintain its shape. The dome around me sturdy and unmoving. I think washing Belvedere yesterday and manipulating the water then has help me increased my range of abilities, though still new.

I turn my head being cautious of the books and look at my peers's reactions through the water. Some are looking at me shocked, Aiden and Oliver look proud, meanwhile Mr.Kato seems indifferent. Mr.Sullivan is just watching my movements, as if trying to reassure himself that I am real.

"Stop." My instructor orders. I break my dome and imagine the humidity returning to its previous spot. I will the water to break their intermolecular bonds, instead interacting with the oxygen and dust particles in the air. When I am sure that the air is just as humid from before my demonstration, I return to my spot in between Oliver and Aiden.

Aiden nudges me gently with his elbow trying to gain my attention. I look up to him and he gives me a nod of approval, as if saying that I showed everyone up. Oliver just smiles widely while shaking his head.