Chapter 86

Last night was a little more disruptive than what I'm used to, but not for the same reasons one might expect.

As I was climbing into bed for a well deserved night of early rest, Anakin was summoned to the Coruscant Opera House. Had there been a Jedi related incident, I would not have thought much about the occurrence. The thing is, it was Chancellor Palpatine who requested him.

Anakin didn't know why he was being called there, and I know he wasn't lying about that. It was an unexpected act, which makes the circumstances behind it all the more interesting.

I vowed to stay awake until Anakin came home so I could immediately find out what was said. With the exhaustion that comes with pregnancy, however, I fell asleep within minutes of him leaving.

I had another nightmare last night. The difference between this one and the first one is that Anakin didn't seem to be a physical part of it. I couldn't sleep from that point onward and simply laid awake for hours.

In the early hours of the morning, Anakin startled awake as a result of a nightmare of his own. I comforted him and soothed his racing mind for however long he needed until we fell asleep in the comfort of each other's embrace.

The content within our dreams is still the same; our babies stop breathing and I feel myself passing away. Nothing is changing, and I'm beginning to worry that the Masters I spoke to gave me misleading information regarding these visions.

It is now the morning following the events, and things feel surprisingly normal. After showering and getting changed into our Jedi attire, I decided it will be a good time to discuss the Chancellor.

"What did the Chancellor want last night anyway?" I ask, trying to keep my tone neutral and without accusation.

"He wanted to tell me that the Clone Intelligence Units have discovered the location of General Grievous," Anakin replies, an excited look visible on his face.

I don't believe it; I can't believe it. If this is true, the lives of everyone in the galaxy is about to change for the better. The violence, the unrest, it will finally end.

"That's amazing news!" I exclaim. "Where is he?"

"The Utapau system," He says. "I've never heard of it, but it's in the Outer Rim."

If Grievous is captured by the Council and Maul is defeated by Cal and Ahsoka, there will finally be peace in the galaxy. Anakin and I will be free to leave the Order, and everything will be as it should.

"Do you know what this means?" I ask, taking his hands in mine.

"We'll finally be able to end this war," He replies, his smile matching mine.

That probably is the most important part of this revelation, but it's what comes with it that is exciting me the most.

Anakin's face suddenly and unexpectedly lights up even further. He's just realised what else this means, and I can tell how excited he is.

"We can go to Naboo and start our family," He adds with a wide, welcoming smile.

I stand on my tippy toes and plant a soft kiss on his lips. We've been married for three years now, and that entire time has been devoted to fighting a war the Jedi never should've gotten involved in. Now, after all this fighting and loss, things are looking good again.

It isn't until I move away from Anakin that I notice something odd about his behaviour. He isn't acting like himself. Whenever I kiss him, he always kisses back with more love and passion. He didn't do that just now, and I can't help but worry.