𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆

section 1

*𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒄𝒍𝒂𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒓: 𝒏𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒄𝒍𝒂𝒊𝒎𝒔*
January 2015

Abandoned by her family, discriminated by the cruel society. Faced hatred everywhere, but she didn't lose her hope. Fought for herself and for many like her. Though the path was long, she seek to earn a new identity. This women had fought a thousand battles and is still standing. Had cried a thousand tears and is still smiling. Has been broken, and rejected but still walks around proud. She lives without fear, loves without doubt. She's beautiful and humbled. This is the story of that women.

Constance grabbed her suitcases out the Uber once they arrived at her apartment. She thanked the driver then headed inside the nice, tall building. She was able to get a really nice looking apartment down in Detroit, Michigan for a pretty cheap price.

With the low amount of money she had saved up, she was happy that she was able to get this place. Once inside the building, she walked up to the counter. 

"Hi, I was scheduled to move in my apartment today." She told the middle age women behind the counter.

"Name?" She asked as she chewed on her gum loudly.

"Constance Ross."

The women kept chewing her gum loudly as she typed on her computer. Her long and old looking nails hitting the keyboard hard.

"I could do her nails." Constance thought to herself as she look at the lady nails.

It wasn't her intended career, but Constance grew a huge interest in nails. As well as fashion design which was what she mainly wanted to do with her life. She always found a liking for designing clothing for people of all kind. From plus size, to regular size. Including women and men. It was her passion and she was going to make sure she achieve it. Now, if all else failed then doing nails was next.

But, she was going to do all her might to be a fashion designer.

"Alright, Christiana-"

"It's Constance." Constance corrected the woman. The lady look up at her then roll her eyes.

"Rightttt..." she dragged looking back at her computer. "Anyway, Christiana your apartment number is B016 which is on the second floor. Here's your key." She grabbed the key off the hook and slammed it down on the counter.

Constance tuck in her lips, slowly dragging the key off the counter and putting it in her hand. She didn't like how rude the lady was acting, but Constance just kept her mouth shut. She wasn't the type to argue with people about how bad of a job they were doing. It was just the way she was and it was sad.

"If you need anything ask whoever is at the desk at the time. If I'm here, don't ask me. Anything else?" The lady questioned, popping her gum.

"Umm, no. Thank you." Constance grabbed her bags and started walking to the elevator. It opened as people came out and she went in.

She pressed the button to the second floor then leaned back on the wall. Even though she seemed very calm, she was indeed excited. You see Constance life wasn't at all peaches nor cream. She lived a lifestyle that a lot of people fear of living. Her parents were homeless and poor. They didn't have anybody besides each other and they been like that for years.

You would think they would get their life together once they found out they were having a child, but that wasn't the case. Constance grew up with no home and instead lived on the streets, bus stops, train stations or just random dark alleyways.

Wherever they laid their heads at, was their home for that day. She grew up having to wash up in public bathrooms and stole candy bars from corner stores in order to eat. It was sad and depressing, but it was the way they lived their life.

Until one day, everything completely changed when her parents abandoned her and left her stranded in the alleyway. She was left alone and was scared since she was only ten at the time. She was put into an adoption center, waiting for her parents to come get her or for someone to adopt her. Neither happened, so she stayed there for years.

Now, here she was at 18 living on her own. No parents, no bedtime or adoption day. She was alone...all alone.

Once the elevator door opened, she exited off then headed down the hall. Once she reached her apartment, she unlock it and walked right in. The sight of the apartment made her smile. She took out her phone and took a picture holding her keys.

She saved it to her camera roll since she didn't want to post it

"Let's get started."

*

Constance put her cold hands in her pockets to warm them up. She walked down the street heading to the corner store. It was already night time and she was in the mood for some snacks.

She look around the streets seeing different people hanging around on corner. She walked right past them, minding her business sine she was wasn't sure what they'll do. She was new down here, so she was trying her best to fit in. It lowkey wasn't working though.

Walking inside the corner store, the instant smell of weed hit her nose. She seen a group of guys hanging around the store, talking amongst each other.

"S'cuse me." She mumbled lowly squeezing past the group of men. She felt a hand touch her butt causing her to quickly look back. One of the guys wink at her making her very uncomfortable, but she didn't do or say anything.

She had to get out of that habit...

She went to the freezers in the back, opening one and grabbing two Snapple Apples. She hung her head as she walked to the front since she didn't want to be noticed by the guys. Reaching the counter, she put her drinks up there just as the bell to the door rung. She look over seeing a tall, dark skin guy coming in with two people behind him. She ended up staring at him longer than expect and they made eye contact with each other. He gave her a smile, showing his bright white teeth.

"Ma'am..." the cashier called out making Constance look at him. "You pay me $2.00." he told her putting up two fingers.

"Sorry." she apologized, taking the crumpled up money out her pocket. She handed it to him then grabbed her bag and wasted no time heading out the store.

Her first night alone and it seemed like it wasn't going to get any better from here.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

NEW STORY ALERT!!!!

this was what I been working on if y'all wanted to know. I was going to do a story called Adorn, but I decided to switch up the name.

hope y'all mess with it, if not then it's all good. thanks for reading❤️❤️