50. She Does The Woods

A deep, animalistic groan wrenched me out of the pages of the book I'd been reading. It was Taylor. She had been very vocal the entire flight about how disappointed she was with the quality of the customer service and food. Miles was still comforting her like the good guy he was. Meanwhile, Alex and I had tuned out after the first half hour.

  "Now where's she going?" Taylor exclaimed in a hushed voice, waving a hand at the flight attendant that had just walked passed us down the isle.

  "She's not ignoring you babe, she's probably just got to serve some other people and then she'll come back," Miles said patiently, rubbing her thigh. They were sitting before us, first class had allowed us to seats that faced each other, now almost sharing one seat because Taylor was finding comfort in closeness with her boyfriend as she continued to huff and puff about the flight.

  Alex was in and out of naps beside me. His head rested on my shoulder for me to run a hand through his long dark hair as I read through this book he'd recommended for me. We were on our way to Germany. I had five days left before I was due to heading back to LA and with the majority of the festivals over, the Puppets were starting their European leg of the tour.

  "I'm so sick of waiting," Taylor whined, "if we're in first class they should at least treat us like it."

  Alex inhaled a deep breath and exhaled loudly through his nostrils. "I'm going to go insane," he whispered to me.

"Shh," I whispered back, kissing his forehead. Touring together had really shown that Alex and Taylor weren't a very compatible friendship.

"How long we got left of the flight?" Alex asked.

I glanced over at the screen with the flight time on it, "twenty minutes."

"Thank god," he hummed and closed his eyes again.

When we reached the airport we were absolutely swarmed by paparazzi. Alex held my hand so tight to ensure we couldn't be ripped apart. I always admired how polite he and Miles were towards the paparazzi, especially when they would ask inappropriate questions. They'd both keep their cool so well and shrugged it off.

"That was fun," Taylor giggled once we'd all gotten in one of the cars that was dropping us off at our hotel in Berlin.

  "Well I'm glad someone enjoyed it," Alex smiled with an underlying hint of sarcasm.

  Unlike in the UK, our hotel in Germany gave Alex and I a room to ourselves so we weren't a door away from Miles and Taylor. Alex was enjoying the privacy. The second we got to our room he leapt onto the bed and let out a loud exhale. Their first show was that night. I couldn't imagine a tighter schedule, they had two hours to relax and then they had to head off for a sound check.

  "You wanna have a nap?" I asked him as I closed the hotel room door behind me.

  "Probably," Alex sighed, his feet hanging off the bed because he hadn't taken his shoes off yet. "Or else I'm gonna have to take some hard drugs to stay awake," Alex joked with an exhausted chuckle.

  "Get some rest then," I smiled, sitting on the bed next to him and brushing his hair off his face to reveal his perfect hairline. "I'll get your clothes and all that out for you for when you wake up."

  Alex looked up to me and smiled, hugging my waist. "Thank you so much. Yer an angel, darling."

  "It's okay," I smiled, "go on, get some sleep, I'll wake you up in an hour or so."

  "I love you so much," Alex hummed, closing his eyes as his tired body began to melt into the mattress.

  "Love you too," I whispered and kissed his cheek, carefully standing up and taking his shoes off for him so he could curl up in the middle of the bed. I dug through his suitcase and pulled out the outfit he'd pre-picked to wear that night: a two toned blue jacket with a black shirt and these dark grey slacks that were tight fitted around his thighs and hips that I would always joke about how good his ass looked in them.