041

note: second update ((((: 

The gun on the dresser sparked my interest. It was the one I used last night. I gazed at it in hesitation, but I inhaled and took it with me, slipping it into the back pocket of my jeans, covering over it with the sweater tied around my waist. 

A pair of sunglasses rested on the bridge of my nose. The departure from the motel was quick and with little effort. Inside the car we had taken were two bodies I recognized immediately as Zayn and Liam. Both completely unharmed, both looking focused and prepared. 

It was something to admire about them. They seemed to have it down, they seem to know their place and their position like it was tattooed on their brains.

I sat in the back with Liam, who glanced behind us multiple of times. He was fully aware of every single detail in our surroundings, which made me feel more secured. The use of a public airport was thrown out the window, well practically, as Zayn discussed the plan. 

This time I heard them and tried to over think it. I tried to understand every detail he spoke, and I tried to find its reasoning. We won't be going to a public airport. We'll be flying in a private jet that my father owned, and was controlled by people who work for him.

My eyebrows raised at this. My dad. That's another problem because his existence is questioned. I know him and his sudden disappearance worries me. Yet something about all of this doesn't make sense. I'm afraid I better start questioning nearly everyone. 

"I know Eddie. He's trustworthy, plus he's a weak kid. Under our surveillance, he won't have a chance and he knows it," he told Harry. 

The green-eyed man was not responsive, not to Zayn. He turned his head and demanded to Liam, "Search every single square inch on that plane. In and out before we even think about putting her on this plane." 

Liam nodded, finding it an easy task. He continued to watch for us, and I could see the gun in his pocket and the inked skin across his neck when he turned. Liam was quiet, but he was intelligent, and observant. 

Zayn was stubborn and utterly devoted to his position. He neglects the idea of needing or wanting help. I thought this over as a silence filled the car. All three of them are fully capable of taking down anything or anyone in their way. 

And that makes me question everything a bit more. 

I played with my fingers in my lap, deep in thought. Upon arrival, Liam did as he was told, and after fifteen minutes, we were safe to go on it. I sat in a comfortable seat, distancing myself the trio as they sat and talked. There was no way I could show affection towards Harry. There is a possibility that Liam doesn't know. 

In the seat, I leaned back and closed my eyes for a brief moment. The Eddie kid flying this plane was left unwatched for a couple of minutes before Liam joined him, gun secure in his back pocket if he needed it. Zayn leaned back in his chair, hazel eyes gazing upon me for a few seconds.

I stared back. He sighed and averted his eyes, rubbing his temple. I made sudden contact with Harry, who was already staring me down, obviously having seen the awkward, strange eye contact between Zayn and I. 

Harry clenched his jaw and shook his head, standing up from his previous seat. I thought he was going to walk towards me, but he took a turn. He rubbed the cobra tattoo on his neck and shut a door behind him. The bathroom door, that is. 

I hummed to myself. I thought about that stupid cobra tattoo every man working for my dad seems to have. 

"What does that cobra tattoo even mean?" I asked Zayn suddenly, eyebrows furrowed.