Chapter 2

Seraphina Amor

I hate traveling. I hate planes. I hate traveling in planes. Safe to say the plane ride to London would be nothing less than dreadful.

"Do you have everything you need?" Arthur asks as the car trunk closes, my two suitcases placed inside. I turn around to face him, giving him a small nod.

"I triple checked. I've got everything I need," I answer. A worrisome look flashes across Arthur's face before he just simply bobs his head.

Every time I left for work, Arthur was always like this. He would be reluctant for me to leave, always making sure I never forgot anything of importance. I understand why he is that way though. I'm practically his child and I'm leaving the country for god knows how long.

"Don't worry, Arthur. I'll be fine," I say, reassuring him. The man doesn't say anything back and I place a hand on his shoulder gently. "I promise."

He looks up at me, giving me a sad smile.

"Alright Seraphina, hurry up. You're not giving me a lot of time to get to the airport and you know how Dolion is about being late!"

A huff escapes my lips as I whip around to face Hunter who's resting against the hood of the car, a cigarette dangling between his lips.

"Can't you shut up for five minutes of your life?" I ask, sending him an annoyed glare. He just rolls his eyes at me, throwing his hands up in defense. I wait a few seconds before speaking to Arthur again, just to make sure Hunter doesn't interrupt once more. When he stays silent, I take that as my queue to start talking again.

"Everything will be fine, alright? There's no need to worry." I reach over, pulling Arthur into a hug. "I'll see you soon."

Arthur hugs back tightly. "Stay safe, Ms. Amor."

Pulling back, I wrap my coat closer around my body. "I'll be back before you know it," I say as I start walking towards the car. The chilly wind blows through my coat and a shiver rakes down my spine.

"Took you long enough," Hunter says as he walks over to the back seat, opening the door for me. I don't respond, brushing past him and letting myself into the car. I'm instantly met with the warm air that circles throughout the vehicle. A satisfied hum leaves me as the coldness of my body slowly melts away. The driver's door opens and Hunter slips in the car. He buckles his seat belt and looks back at me.

"You ready?" he asks. I give him a nod and he turns back around. Glancing outside the window, my eyes lock with Arthur's. Sending him a small wave as the car pulls away, he returns one back with a sorrow expression.

"I'm sure you're excited to be going abroad," Hunter states as he starts speeding down the streets of the city. I can sense the sarcasm in his voice and the smirk on his face confirms it.

"Absolutely delighted, if you really would like to know."

Lightly chuckling, Hunter shakes his head at me, the curls on the top of his head shaking with the movement. "You know, as much as I hate to admit it, I might just miss you."

I look at him through the rear view mirror, but his eyes are locked ahead on the road. A teasing grin spreads across my face at his admission.

"Don't go getting all sentimental on me now, Hunt," I say. His eyes roll dramatically, but I can see the tops of his cheeks redden from the smile he now is wearing.

"I said 'might', just to clarify," he says.

"Hm."

The car remains silent for a few minutes, the only noise being the faint sound of the radio coming from the front. Hunter rounds a corner and he clears his throat before speaking.