Chapter 34

Daniel's pov

Layla stared at me and I stared back. One of us had to break the silence. 'Divorce.' I told her. She just widened her eyes. 'We will get married, sort out this whole situation and then divorce later. Depends on how much time it takes.' I said.

Layla sat down and didn't say a word and I took a chair and sat down as well. 'BUT if we get married on what grounds will we divorce?' she asked. 'I was a notorious playboy before layla. After this whole thing ends we will wait for a few weeks and.... and tell everyone that it didn't work out or I retorted back to my old days or anything like that. Don't worry, I will, I will take the whole responsibility. I will see to it that it dosent damage your reputation.' I said to her.

'BUT your whole image, the risk.' she said. 'It is worth taking if that means that you are safe. Don't worry.' I said to her. I was ready to give my own life for her, this is a little thing.

Layla let out a deep sigh. I put my had on her shoulder, 'Just remember that you are not a danger or a burden of any sort. For my parents you mean to them as much as I do.' I said to her and she started sobbing.

To comfort I hugged her and she hugged me back. She wiped her tears but remained in my arms. 'Thank you so much Daniel.' she said. 'Don't say that word.' I said to her.

'Am I interrupting something?' my mom's voice said. We both immedietly got up and saw my mom beaming.

She walked towards layla and hugged her, 'Welcome to the family sweetheart. Who am I kidding, you were always my daughter.' she said.

'I am just so happy for the two of you. Your father has explained me all the circumstances but still this is such a happy news. I am so excited.' my Mother  said.

'Layla, I want you to go inside that room with me, I have a surprise to give to my future daughter in law.' my mom squealed.

Layla looked at me unsure but then followed my mom inside the room. My dad put a hand on my shoulder and I looked at him.

'I know the circumstances and the fact that this is all hurried but that dosent mean we skip the important steps.' my dad said.

He handed me a small box and I looked at him astonished. Please don't tell me to do this. 'This is your grandmother's ring. Take this and propose to layla. Ask her in a proper way.' my dad said with a smile on his face.

I took the box but didn't know what to say. My dad told me to come to the patio as he had decorated that. My heart was pounding out loud.

I waited over there and then after a while saw layla approaching me. She was wearing a really stunning dress. She was wearing a bracelet and earrings. They had been passed down from generation to generation in my family.

She was looking beautiful and was trying to smile but I could see that she had a confused look on her face. My mom was walking behind her beaming holding a camera in her hand.

'Daniel....' my dad said to me. I understood. Layla came and stood beside me with a confused look on her face. My parents stood a little distance away from us. 'Your mom gave me this dress and jewellery. What is happening right now?' she asked me in a whisper.

'I am really sorry for what is about to happen. We both need to smile' I said in a really low whisper and hugged her. I broke the hug and looked at her while she was surprised.

'Layla,' I said in my normal voice so mom and dad could hear. Another servant was recording the whole thing while my mom was taking pictures. 'Ever since I knew what  love was  the only name and the only girl in my mind been you. Everything that I have means nothing compared to your love. You.. You have brought meaning to my life. You are like my Ray of sunshine who brightens up my day even in the darkest of the times. You have changed me. Changed my life. If it was not for you I wouldn't have had the courage to go ahead and stay strong when I needed to. I am so lucky to have in my life. I love you layla.' I felt like tears would come into my eyes any moment now.'I know this too early into our.... Relationship but given the circumstances and your safety, this needs to be.. Done. But that doesn't mean my love for you is any less. You are the girl I wish to spend to spend the rest of my life with. So.....'
I said getting down on one knee,'Layla Riley Vanderbilt, will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?' I asked her.

Layla looked shocked. She looked at my parents who looked happy. 'None of this is real.' I whispered so only she could hear. She formed a smile on her face and slowly replied, 'Yes, yes I will marry you.' Everyone around cheered. I took her hand and took the ring and put it on her finger. 'I love you layla.' I said to her.

My mom came rushing towards us and gave us both a huge hug and so did dad. 'We are proud of you son. You chose a good one.' my father said.

'Come on, let's take some more pictures with just the two of you.' my mom said. 'Mom.... Mom.... Before we do that, can I have a talk with layla?' I asked her.

'BUT...' my mom protested, 'Let them' my dad said.

Layla slowly followed into my old room. 'What is happening Daniel, I thought we were only faking a relationship?' she asked in a desperate. Calmly I explained to her whatever dad just said to me.

Her eyes widened. 'BUT we will get married for real then? How will we do that?' she said.

'I have a solution'. I said to her.