° SEVEN °

Jeremiah leaned on the wall beside the window as he watched the Senior Prefect Boy and Girl talk with the prefects.

"Its becoming increasingly hard to control those SSS2 students. We've barely started as prefects yet we are already getting cold shoulders" one of the prefects complained.

"I know and I apologies for that" Dele said as he rubbed his forehead.

"Those students are hell annoying" another one complained.

"I asked one of them to pack plates this afternoon after food and she was been headstrong" another prefect said and Jeremiah sighed as he rubbed his forehead.

They were prefects and couldn't control measly SSS2 students, how exactly did they become prefects in the first place.

"I'll take care of it" a guy said with a frown as the prefects went quiet.

"How?" A girl asked and the guy turned to her.

"I'm taking care of what you can't so don't ask me stupid questions" the guy replied as a guy hitched closer to Jeremiah.

"Is Abel not been extra dramatic right now?" Gbenga asked and Jeremiah turned to him without replying.

Undeterred, he asked again; "What do you think he means by I'll take care of them? Have an idea about what he's up to?" He asked as Jeremiah shrugged.

"We'll have to see" Jeremiah replied as he yawned.

"What's the purpose of this meeting exactly? I'm getting headaches from people complaining. If this meeting is for prefects to make complaints, please those with complains should visit the Complain box" Jeremiah said his cello like voice could be heard clearly in the room as everyone went quiet.

"The purpose of this meeting is to ask the Prefects if they've faced any problem in the course of the first two weeks we've spent in school. We might have taken over our duties since last term but this is still very new for a lot of us" Dele said and Jeremiah nodded.

"You have a point though" Jeremiah said as he folded his arms.

"What about the Prefects that do not have complains? Can we leave? I'm serious about having an headache" Jeremiah said and Dele nodded as the latter slipped his hands into his pockets and walked out of the room.

Gbenga slapped handshakes with a few of the prefects before following Jeremiah out.

"Why was he even asking? If he wanted to leave as if anybody could stop him" the girl beside Dele murmured and Dele chuckled.
°
°
°
°
°
Gbenga watched as Jeremiah threw the tablets of paracetamol into his mouth and gulped down the bottle of water beside his locker.

"Wait, you were serious about the headache thing?" Gbenga asked as Jeremiah glanced at him as Gbenga reached out to touch his neck.

"Your temperature is mild though" Gbenga said as Jeremiah placed his head on his locker.

"Don't disturb me. I need to sleep" Jeremiah said as he closed his eyes while Gbenga chuckled as he stared at his sleeping best friend.
°
°
°
°
°
The dining hall was noisy and rowdy as the students walked into the Senior Dining hall for the evening food.

Jeremiah held his forehead with his fingers, there was no expression on his face but the displeasure in his eyes couldn't be masked.

Gbenga soon noticed his discomfort and frowned as well. Jeremiah had never been a fan of noisy places; he stayed away from them except on rare occasions.

Coupled with the fact that he had an headache, the noise was doing him serious harm. Most of the prefects had already realized at this point in time that Jeremiah wasn't lying when he said he had an headache earlier.

"Jerry, are you better?" Abel asked and Jeremiah nodded his head a little.

"He's not. These students are devil incarnates" Gbenga said as he winced at the increasing noise.

"I'll take care of it" Abel said as the frown on his face increased. He walked down the stairs of the prefect table and walked towards the first table in the dining.

He looked around for a while before he slamming his hand on the table heavily. The sound from the table scared everyone in the dining and everyone went quiet as Abel walked back to the middle of dinning and stood on the table.

"Are you animals?" He roared angrily as silence descended on the dining hall.

"Aren't you guys eating? Even a Club house isn't as noisy as this dining hall!" Abel added and Gbenga chuckled.

"If I hear any kind of noise from any corner, everyone on that row is done for" Abel said as he released a sigh.

"For the food we are eating, we thank you Oh Lord" Abel said.

"Amennnnnn"

Abel jumped down from the table and walked slowly towards the door and leaned on. His gaze scanned the dining with ferocity.

Adeyemi Abel. BIC, Head Labour. One of BIC's prefects that you'll never want to annoy or get in trouble with. Abel was strict, strict even with himself. Highly intelligent and smart; he earned both the fear and respect of the students.

The students who had managed to cross or annoy Abel had their stories to tell. There was nothing common between these stories except for the fact that it was a horrible experience. An experience that no one wanted to have.

No one dared to make a sound, even the spoons dared not.

"All SSS2 students, remain on your seat. As SSS3 and 1 students please move out through the back door, leave your plates behind" Abel said and rhe SSS2 students who had gotten a wind of what Abel wanted to do started murmuring.

"Did I ask you guys to talk?" Abel asked irritated as silence descended on the hall once more. The prefects closed the door as soon as the SSS3 and SSS1 students had left the hall.

Abel walked towards the SSS2 tables and folded his arms.

"Report have been reaching us that the SSS2 students do not respect their seniors. Including the prefects. Do you guys even know what respect is? Its not when you call someone 'Snr' that shows that your respect them. That's respect as well but not exactly" Abel started.

"You guys disrespect your seniors and the prefects. Wait, did you guys forget that in a year, you'll also be in the same position? You'll be seniors and prefects and the ones behind you would do the same to you" Abel said and he tapped the table.

"Now, I don't care if your juniors would do the same to you or not. If peradventure, we come across a report that says an SSS2 students disrespects his or her senior or a prefect, trust me when I say he or she is dead meat" Abel said his expression laying emphasis on his words.

"So now, I want you guys to pack the plates in the dining hall. 12 plates and a warmer per one person. No prefect will stay at the door to check if your plate or warmer is complete but if you have extra lives ehn, you can carry 11 plates out of the dining" Abel added as he folded his arms.

The students rushed towards the plates and started packing it. And as Abel had said; there was no prefect at the door to check if they had taken one less plate but even if they had extra lives; no one dared to carry less than 12 plates.

SO WE HAVE ONE JEREMIAH CHAPTER, DAMN IM SO EXCITED TO WRITE ABOUT THIS GUY, HE'S SO COOL THAT I WISH HE COULD COME OUT OF THE BOOK AND APPEAR IN REAL LIFE.

LEMMAOOOO

ABEL IS LIKE MADDD..... WE HAD SENIORS LIKE THAT TOO BACK IN SEC SCHOOL. WE ALL HAD, YOU SHOULD MENTION A FEW.

I'M VERY BUSY AND I WANT TO FINISH THIS BOOK THIS YEAR. ITS GONNA BE HARD BUT I HAVE TO. JUST ANTICIPATE!

DONR FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT