5 | Omertà

C A T A L I N A

C A T A L I N A

Maybe if I bake him a cake that says "you're pretty" and give it to him, it'll make him not dislike me as much.

No, that's stupid.

I poked my tongue past my lips as I tried to think of something nice that I can do for Lorenzo. What is thinking so hard for?

It's been ten dreadfully long minutes since i've been standing outside the door of his office. Marco told me today is the first day in months that he's spent his morning working at home. If that's the case, I don't want to ruin his morning by walking in there and asking for something.

Especially when it was his money that I selfishly used to buy all those clothes.

Not having the lady balls to walk into his office with a request, I brought the long sleeves of my crewneck past my hands and hid them, using it as a way to "protect" myself as I walked away.

When my legs magically brought me to the kitchen, I let out a yelp at the sight of Rocco.

What was he doing here?

His eyes fixated on me as he continued spreading jam on a piece of bread. "What do you need, short stack?"

My stomach grumbled, making me cough in attempt to muffle the rude yelling of my tum. I literally just ate the entire kitchen half an hour ago, why am I always so hungry?

"Since you're asking, I would love an iced coffee and some of that ice cream you stole from me last night."

Shaking his head, he slid his plate across the kitchen island. No way. I looked at Rocco with a 'is this for me?' expression, making him grumble in response.

He's so kind.

I should write him a thank you letter.

"Why are there holes on the ice cream lid?"

"So that the ice cream can breathe," I respond in my best 'duh' tone. I actually poked holes in the ice cream lid because I couldn't get it to open... so I had to resort to other methods.

Scarfing down the entire sandwich, I hum to myself and smile at the fact that somebody actually made me food. I'm going to remember this moment for the rest of my life.

The peanut butter and jelly sandwich energized me, making me feel more hyper than usual.

Oh no, that's not good.