20

"Fine." Chloe smirked. "Tell us what we need to do."

"Right. First things first... I think there's some things... advancements we can make to your suits. I understand that they are... have some sort of magical property?"

"As far as we know, they're just spandex suits," Chloe answered. 

"I think that's something we can fix. Spandex while facing the League of Assassins isn't something that you should never do. You can never walk out of the fight without some sort of tear or cut or scar. If you get stabbed in spandex, there's nothing stopping or preventing any other weapon from literally splitting you into two," Jason mimicked a body being sliced.

Shivers were shared between the miraculous wielders. 

"That being said, I suppose we design you guys some new suits," Tim took over Bruce's spot at the smart table, switching to what looked like a virtual, 3D design program. Max, as always, was first to the table. Tim pressed a few buttons. Something like a scanner took a full body scan of Max's body. As soon as they were taken, Max's weight, height, race, ethnicity, and other important things were uploaded onto the screen.

"Woah! Let me try, dude!" Max stepped aside, allowing Nino to stand in his place.

Another scan. Nino's information was uploaded in place of Max's, which was already saved.

"I suppose that's enough playtime. We have enough material to make them here."

"Wait, wait, wait... you make your suits from hand?" Chloe asked, bewildered. 

"And you don't?" Steph joked, knowing fully well how their costumes appear.

"That's such a Marinette thing to do... anyways... let's get started!" Chloe excitedly shoved Nino aside, doing a full twirl as the table's smart sensor scanned her. 

-

Two hours later, and the Batfam and miraculous wielders were already making plenty of progress of designing the new miraculous costumes. Chloe had gone over material that she could possibly use, instantly accepting Max's idea to create actual, working bee wings. 

Max had already gotten to work with the programming and building of the wings.

Juleka shyly shared her own designs with Cass, who talked with her on the couch about ways to include different things, like padded armor or perhaps, a weapons holster of sorts. Nino had taken to trying different shield metals to use when not in his miraculous form.

"Remind me again why we can't use spandex alone?" Alix admired the movement her promo suit had given her. 

"Want to get run through with a sword?" Tim sipped on his latte. 

Alix merely shrugged in response, continuing to stretch in her bodysuit. 

"Y'know, to reinforce that, I recommend that you try to add some..." Ashe walked downstairs, running back up with a fragment of fabric. "Silicabasedquartzsandfabric."

Alix blinked. Then blinked again. "A what?"

"Reinforce. The. Suit. With... a silica based quartz sand fabric. The type of stuff used in our suits and the Flash's. Normally used on space shuttles to prevent them from burning up. Or in the Flash's case, to prevent him from burning up as he runs. For us... well, I have personal reasons, but for you, Alix, I do believe that some of this will be better for your... portal jumping."

"Speaking of personal reasons... who are you? Identity wise?" 

Ashe bit her lip. "Uh... like I said, personal. I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out. Later."

With a simple 'eh' from the French group, they all went back to designing and processing.

Kagami and Chloe sat at a different tables, sneaking quick glances at one another, often ending in one of them frantically turning back to scribbling all over their designs with a red face and metaphorical steam pouring out of their ears and nose. 

The sexual tension between them literally hurt.

Ashe wrapped the durable fabric around each of Alix's limbs, finding out where she might need it most. 

"...abrasion resistant... heat resistant, that might help. Kagami's miraculous power's don't allow her to breath fire, does it? Does it like, magically protect her from her power? If so, we might need to use some of this. Plenty of quartz fiber. Plenty of tensile strength. How flexible are you?"

Dick laid back with his lukewarm cup of tea. 

"What I want to know about is your fighting skills. No offense, but most of you look... kind of weak. Not saying that's a bad thing. I'm just saying there's room for improvement. I'm sure Kagami already knows how to properly use a sword as well as hand to hand combat... the others, not so sure." 

Dull mumbles of agreement.

"We'll be more than happy to help. Train, fight, emotional, mental, physical support. In the end, this is all to get Marinette back. I would say it's worth it."

Chloe set down her pencil. "The question is, is when Marinette is getting married to..."

"That's what we're still trying to find out as well. From our last little 'visit,' we managed to plant a tracker on one of the computers there. Anybody that isn't scanned into the League of Assassin's database should be able to access it and contact us. However, it can not trace us, nor give away our identities or location."

"That's genius," Max said. 

"Thank you," Bruce nodded. "It was mainly Tim and Ashe who did the hacking." 

Both blushed a bashful red, looking away. 

"If we can somehow get Marinette to find it, we might be able to help her escape."

"Yeah, um... no offense on Marinette's part, but she's not really... strong. Without her miraculous," Kagami stated the thought that was everyone's mind. "When it comes to brains, yeah, but if you expect her to fight off a whole bunch of bad guys... she's... dead."

"Something tells me that by the time we get to her, she'll be much more skilled."

(Shorter chapter, but hey - look at me! Double chapters in a day. I'm done with hiatus... for now.)