Wishes From A Star | Total_KOTLC_Fan

BLURB:

BLURB:

"As she stared at that star, shining so much brighter than all the others with its tinted green glow, she couldn't think of any one wish that would fix everything she and the rest of her family had been through. So she squeezed her eyes shut and made the only wish she could think of.

'I wish wishes came true.'"

One night, Evelyn Myre got out of bed, planning to spend a peaceful night sleeping beneath the stars.

She makes it outside, alright, and she does, indeed, spend a night under the stars. But the night is far from peaceful. And the days that follow? Even stranger.

Eve is introduced to a world she never knew existed, with people she never imagined. And just as Eve is finally coming to terms with her discoveries, she realizes there's something else, something darker coming.

And it's worse than anyone imagined. Secrets are revealed and a cruel villain comes into play - a villain with a private agenda; a villain who will do anything to get what they want.

Now, on top of the pressure of navigating an entirely new world, Eve is told that she is something new and different, something that could fix everything - or ruin it. And the only one who can decide that is... her.

The days following the star incident will give Eve a mix of emotions: relieved. Angry. Terrified. Excited.

Because sometimes, wishes come true.

***

YOUR COVER: (7/10) I can definitely see the connection here with your story and your title. However, it's lacking some creativity. In what ways can you position the font, color, and sizing? What about where to place the author's name instead of just at the bottom? You can leave it as it is, but I suggest getting more help on the cover by asking for one from a Wattpad cover maker. Your story is genuinely interesting and overlooked, and the cover could be part of why. 

YOUR TITLE: (9/10) Here, I can already see the connection your title has with your story. It's an obvious lightbulb moment and draws in the right readers for your story. I'd like to mention that the title itself is a bit generic, however. It's vague, and readers might not have the best first impression upon seeing it. You can keep the title as it is, but I suggest that you be more open-minded with your title. As you write your story, think about any quotes or concepts that attract your attention; these may contribute to a title that really appeals to you.

YOUR BLURB: (3/5) I was pleased by the lack of grammatical errors you have in your blurb. However, your blurb is also long and confusing. You could restructure your sentences better and tighten them up. Along with that, you're revealing a lot of unnecessary information. Most of what you've written here could be removed. In addition, you have tense slip-ups here. Try to stay consistent with your tense, or potential readers might immediately catch onto your mistake. If your plot is that Eve makes a wish and her days become strange after that wish, then just leave it as that. Eve makes a wish, sleeps under the stars, and wakes up—only to realize things are different. And it isn't until she cracks under the pressure of navigating a new world that she realizes the only person who can change things...is her. Because sometimes, "wishes come true" [after all]. Do you see how I've summed up your blurb to the key points? Using your own writing style, I suggest you find a way to shorten your blurb, and give away your plot without giving away too much.