Prologue

The Huntress ran fast as she could, the other footsteps kept coming to her. Y/n is being chased by knights working with Lord Farquaad. As a skilled huntress you are, you were raised and trained by thieves and hunters on the art of hunting and stealing. They even called you the "Devious Huntress". It suits you making it sound sneaky. So, why are the knights chasing you in the first place? Well, I'll tell you what happened.

It all happened when you were stealing some fruits and gold from the people in the medieval town. You acted cute to distract at first then sneakily steal the item from them. You charm and innocent expression gets away with everything without getting caught. That is until, you stumbled upon some kind of drop off where people turn in fairy tail creatures to the knights working with Lord Farquaad. She heard about the guy who is ruthless and selfish king and goal to marry a princess as his queen. You never met him in person but you prefer not to. As you were walking by, one of the knights recognized your face on the wanted poster.

You sprinted off to the forest hearing knights chasing after you with their swords and riding on horses. You jumped and dodge through the obstacles while running. As they were chasing you, you climbed up the tree and hide on top. They search low looking for you but gave up. Clever girl you are, you were trained to hide quietly from high or low places thanks to the thieves who taught you.

The sun was setting, you climb down the pine tree and ran back to Duloc. Of course that place, you already know the king is selfish to the fairytale creatures and torture. However, you and your group hideout in a secret place in Duloc, it's a bar where hunters and thieves hang out. You enjoy hanging out with them by doing an arm wrestling contest or throwing daggers at the target.

Danny: "Hey kid, how was town?" He said. Your guardian Danny is the master thief of Duloc and wanted criminal. He raised you to steal and play innocence. He is like a father figure to you and helped you very much on gathering stuff for the group.

Y/N: "Good Danny, brought some food for you guys to eat."

Danny: "Did you pay for this?"

Y/N: "Nope. I stole it."

Danny: "Good girl." He said and ruffle your hair.

Y/N smile and stick her tongue out in a cute way like a child. A woman crawl through the huge window with a sack slinging over her right shoulder. Her name is Jazz, one of Duloc's wanted criminal/huntress. And she is the one who found you abandoned on the street. You were a little girl standing alone in the cold rain with your ragged dress and hair being soaked. You were catching a cold as you were rubbing your arms together for warmth. Jazz stepped in, covered you with her cloak, and took you in back into the bar. Years later, she trained you to be a huntress like her. Taught you how to shoot a crossbow and fight with daggers as your second weapon. She was like a mother to you.

Danny: "Hey Jazz, how was the hunt?"

Jazz: "Not good, thanks to our king of Duloc for removing the wild animals from the forest, I am unable to track down any animals to hunt. But I manage to steal some food from the king's palace. Think of it as payback."

Danny: "Sweet, what did you steal?"

Jazz: "Roasted ham, fruits, nuts, and a bottle of wine from the cellar."

Danny: "Good job, this will fuel us before tax day."

Not tax day, it's the day where Lord Farquaad sent his knights to every house to collect taxes from the villagers. Danny and Jazz to hide the real money somewhere hidden and replace with the bootleg coins they made for the knights. Sometimes, you would hide the money in your boot or in your clothes.

Jazz: "And I overheard that Lord Farquaad is announcing his speech tomorrow at the tournament."

Danny: "What kind of tournament?"

Jazz: "It's a tournament to see who is worthy on rescuing a princess name Fiona."

Danny: "Never heard of her but she sounds special."

Jazz: "Yeah, and she is trapped in a tower with a ferocious dragon."

Danny: "No Knight have ever survived that place and impossible to steal gold from the dragon."

Y/N: "Can I watch the tournament tomorrow?" You said while eating a piece of roasted ham.

Danny: "I don't think so, the king or his knights might see you there."

Y/N: "I promise they won't see me, I'll blend in the crowd with the red cloak and pretend to be Red Riding Hood. Please?!" She said. Her eyes widen in cuteness, smile as she hold her hands together like a cat begging for food. Danny couldn't resist of that look, so she defeated him with the innocent look.

Danny: "Oh alright fine you can go. But don't let him see you."

Y/N: "I promise! Don't worry about me." She said and got off of her seat and head upstairs to get some rest.

Danny: "That child won't give me that look." He sigh and facepalm.

Jazz: "Says the guy who taught her to act cute."

Danny: "Don't blame me, she knows her role when Y/N is out in public."

Jazz: "Come on, I think it's adorable. Plus, you couldn't resist it when she did that to you before."

Danny: "That was one time when I almost got caught by Farquaad's knights. She pretended to cry and act like I'm her father."

Jazz: "At least it worked."

Danny: "I guess you're right. She saved my ass from being executed."

Jazz: "Aww, being the sweet type are you?"

Danny: "Watch it Jazz. I mean it."

Jazz: "I'm just joking silly, don't be sour. Anyway, we should get some rest for tomorrow."

Danny: "Alright. Race you!"

Danny and Jazz ran upstairs who can reach to the bedroom. They're acting like children, but they are your guardians after all.