||kaeya: sword duel

I have a few sm requests lined up whoops. Sorry for the wait.

(I forgot who requested for karya I'm sorry TT)

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶༉‧₊˚.

➷sword duel➷

While Diluc was just trying to do his job, kaeya continued being obnoxious, more so than ever in his half drunken state. Thankfully, there was at least one sober person in the tavern. Y/n had accompanied him to the tavern in celebration for Kaeya's birthday.

It wasn't much, nor was it that grand. The cryo user didn't want anything big. He simply asked for y/n to accompany him to Dilucs tavern to annoy the living shit out of him.

Being the sweet, kind y/n that she is, of course she obliged.

"So then I lied to the traveller about there being a treasure." He laughed.

"And aether bought the lie?" She asked, keeping the conversation with the man in front of him going.

Kaeya nodded, lifting the mug back up to his face.
"You should stop being mean to him~ he's already troubled as it stands."

Kaeya stopped to look down into his drink. The tavern got quieter. Well, it was only the three of them. Diluc doesn't show it but he was nice enough to open the tavern till late just for karya and y/n.

"...y/n." Kaeya called, a dark ominous tone in his voice. "Since when did you care so much for the traveller?"

"Huh?" Sbe blinked, putting down her apple juice. "What do you mean? We're travel buddies. Of course I would be worried about him."

Diluc from behind the counter let out a sigh. That made y/n even more confused. Was she missing something?

"Travel buddies..." Kaeya trailed off. "Can I join you in your travels than?"

"What, no!" She denied, giving him a harsh glare.

Kaeya returned the look, his beautiful eyes squinting at her. "Then why is aeThEr allowed?"

"Kaeya are you being serious right now- no of course your not." She sighed. "You're drunk. Let's go head back."

Y/n grabbed his arm, dragging him up from his chair Swiftly with her strength.

"But why can't I join you on your adventuresssss." He whined onto your shoulder.

"Because, you are a knight. And you have a job here. You can't just leave."

From behind her, she heard a faint mumbling. "This is why I hate-"

"Diluc if you say this is why I hate the knights of favonius one more time I will slice your head off."

"..."

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶༉‧₊˚.

The next day, y/n was just strolling through the city. After kaeya's whining yesterday and her scolding the poor knight, she decided to be merciful and buy him something to say sorry with.

Along the way to the tavern however, she was met with Aether and Paimon, seemingly just finished with his commission.

"Aether!" She immediately called out. After a the whole morax Zhongli situation was finished, y/n and aether decided to take a break for a while and settled in Mondstadt until they were ready to go back in the wild.

Truthfully, aether was rarely seen in town since he's always doing commissions and mining for crystals. He really is such a diligent person. Good person genes to be honest. If only y/n has half of his traits.

They ended up taking a seat outside, catching up with one another and telling stories about how his commissions are going - and how many chests the man had gotten in his short journeys outside the Mondstadt walls.

All of a sudden, another low velvet voice called out to the male traveller. "Aether, how have you been?"

"Kaeya, it's been a while." The blond replied cheerfully, ignoring the ominous shadow clouding kaeya's eyes.

"Say, it's been quiet a while hasn't it?" This isn't going to end well is it? "How about we have a duel?"

"A duel?" Both aether and y/n repeated. "That's unusual of you. Why?"

"Ah, no reason. I just thought it'll be fun is all."

'is that really all there is to it...?' y/n tried scanning his face for answers, but was met with Kaeya's signature grin.

"You know you're going to lose right?" Y/n chipped in, giving kaeya furrowed brows. Fuck saying sorry, the man is acting weird.

"Anyway, honorary knight, please follow me."

"H-huh? Al..right..." He sounded sceptical. He should be. Even Paimon was extremely weirded out.

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶༉‧₊˚.
You sighed, incredibly loud at that. "I toLD you."

"I'm so sorry kaeya! Was I to harsh?" Aether bowed multiple times, he looked close to tears.

From that fight alone, kaeya managed to get bruised up, really badly too. So now you're the one patching him up.

The cyro user only laughed wholeheartedly. "That was fun, we can go again next time if you have time to spare."

At that, you smacked him by the top of his head. "Don't be ridiculous. What will Jean say when she sees you?"

You intentionally tied his bandage to tight, making him help in pain.

"Oh no! If i don't deliver this to huffman soon, he's gonna flip!" Aether suddenly pulled out a package from his... Well you don't really know. "I have to dip- sorry you two!"

And with that, he left in a rush.

Once again, you sighed, "why'd you have to do something so useless..."

"I just wanted to earn your attention."

Your eyes widen. You didn't really expect to get an answer. Heck, you thought he was doing this because he was planning sometimes stupid again. I guess you were half right.

"But you already have it. Jeez." Refusing to look at him, you looked at the ground instead, feeling your cheeks turn red from his sudden confession.

"Is asking for more of your affection to much?" He was obviously enjoying this situation. His grin told you everything.

"Ugh, what are you saying-"

He cut you off by planting a kiss on your lips, a small peck that didn't last long.

He merely smirked, keeping an eye on your expression.

'thwap'

You smacked him by the head. "Don't do something like that without warning!"

"I apologize, next time I'll tell you."
"Don't do it next time either!!!"

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶༉‧₊˚.

Ahahaha I'm gonna sleep the entire day today so here, take this.