0.26 | F.O.B

〖 FAMILY OF BLOOD

"PERHAPS IF HIS HUMAN HEART BREAKS, the Time Lord will emerge." Jeremy sighed. Valarie felt Timothy wiggling in her grasp.

"What are you doing?" She whispered as he fished in his coat pocket. Much to her surprise he drew out a fob watch. The fob watch. Timothy had been the one who had it the entire time. He looked at it and the family. He popped it open. A pale, glowing orange light came from the watch and it made a terribly odd sound. The family, clearly hearing the noise that they were so desperately chasing, looked around in confusion. Martha, taking the chance grabbed Jenny and managed to free herself from her. She flipped their situation, now holding Jenny by the neck and pointing the gun at Jeremy. Timothy shut the watch and it stopped just as soon as it had started.

"Alright, one more move and I shoot." Martha threatened.

"Oh, the maid is full of fire!" He teased.

"And you can shut up!" She yelled before firing a warning shot into the ceiling.

"Careful, son of mine." Clark warned. "She is all that stands between you and living forever."

"Shoot you down then?" He aimed his gun at Martha and Jenny.

"Try it." She growled.

"Are you sure you can pull the trigger? You look scared."

"Scared and holding a gun. Doesn't sound a good combination. Wanna risk it?" The two stayed silent. Finally, the family caved and lowered their weapons. They shoved Joan back to John.

"Get everyone out of here." Martha commanded to them. When no one moved she boomed a "Now!" People began to scramble. Valarie pushed Timothy towards Joan and John.

"You stay with them okay?"

"But-"

"That wasn't an optional thing. Go!" She told him, caring deeply for his safety but also for the fob watch he harbored in his pocket. As the room emptied She came to Martha's side.

"Val, go." Martha warned.

"Martha, you know I won't-" Martha fired a second warning shot into the ceiling before repeating herself. Hesitant, Valarie left the room with haste. Outside everyone regathered with each other. Not long after she had left the room Martha came running out. Valarie now searched the crowd for Timothy only to see his small frame vanishing into the fog as he ran.

"Martha I have to go get Timothy."

"I'm sure he will be-""

"He has the fob watch." She told her as she broke from the group into a sprint down the foggy, dark path after him. She cried his name as she chased him, adrenaline filling every part of her body. Here she was, a maid in nineteen-thirteen, wearing an elegant nightgown while chasing a schoolboy in a suit down because the fob watch he harbored carried everything the man she loved was was in it. If under any other context this had happened, she would have believed she was going mad.

He would not even glance at her as he ran. Falling over her gown she lost him as he entered the school building. She peeled herself from the mud groaning loudly as it now weighed on the front of her gown and was in parts of her hair and on her neck and cheeks. She grabbed parts of the dress in fists to keep it from her feet as she entered the building. Inside the building boys bustled, carrying the guns they had used for practice. Some as young as ten wielding rifles.

Oh god, she thought. They are sending these boys to war.

The boys took positions outside, Valarie glancing. The one commanding them was John. It made a knot form in her stomach; she knew the Doctor would be absolutely sick at the notation of sending children to war.