Chapter 7: The Plan

'Explain yourself before I blow a fuse this very second.' Suna scolded at Atsumu, walking forward towards him, horror and tears in his eyes.

'I WILL JUST PLEASE SIT DOWN SUNA-'

Suna swung his fist towards Atsumu's face, only stopping before he hit him. He dropped his fist and fell to the floor, hands over his eyes, crying a storm.

You heard muffled noises from Suna's mouth.

'Suna, did you say something?' you asked him solemnly.

He looked up at you.

'I said that I knew this was going to happen.'

'What do you mean? You thought Atsumu was going to-'

'NO. RIN.'

You went down to the floor and patted Suna's back. Then, you picked Suna up off the floor and led him to your couch. Atsumu sat on the couch opposite to you guys. Suna sat next to you and lied his head on your shoulder, crying into it. You ran your fingers through his hair.

His sight made you...mortfied.

'I knew Rin was going to do this, but it hurts that it was my best friend...'

'Suna, it wasn't my fault-' Atsumu chimed in.

'WHO SAID I BLAMED YOU.' Suna looked up, screaming at Atsumu with his eyes full of pain and fury.

'It was like you were implying it...' he said guiltily.

You wanted to make the atmosphere lighter. You already knew what happened.

'Suna, Atsumu, you guys talk it through, I'm going to grab something from the kitchen.'

Before they could say anything, you moved away from Suna and walked into the kitchen.

You filled the boiler with water and turned it on. You grabbed 3 mugs and filled them all with instant cappuccino. You poured some sugar in each and then filled it with the hot water. As you mixed the cups, you inhaled the smell of the coffee, immediately feeling a wave of nostalgia.

Oikawa walked towards you with two cups of coffee. He gave you one and sat down next to you on your balcony.

'Oh, thank you!' you took a sip, immediately making your stomach feel warm.

'Anything for my beautiful girl.' he put his hand onto yours, holding it to keep you warm on the chilly winter night.

'Mmm cappuccino. You always make it. Why don't you try something else?' you asked.

Oikawa took a sip before answering you.

'It's my favorite. I love the way it tastes, and it smells really great. It also makes me feel good, especially during winter.'

You smiled as he spoke about his favorite hot drink.

'It's also because my grandmother would always make a cup for me whenever I visited her house. I guess it's her fault that I've fallen in love with it.' he let out a small chuckle before sipping onto his drink again.

It made you feel happy when he'd share a piece of his mind, or even life, with you. It's the side of Oikawa that you admired.

You looked up at him.

'I like this side of you.' you smiled.

Oikawa blushed.

'What, me talking about coffee?'