Chapter 17

"Can I steal my best friend back?"

"Alex man, seriously?" Luke huffs before falling back onto the bed besides me as I giggle.

"Yes seriously, I miss her and she literally lives with me." I sigh, sitting up while looking at Alex guiltily. "So I'm gonna steal her for the rest of today."

"We were watching our series." I explain as Alex chuckles.

"I don't know what you constitute as watching a series, but that wasn't it." My cheeks flush red as I drop my head into my knees to hide my face from the two of them. "We're going out, you ready?"

"Of course, just need to put my shoes on

"Of course, just need to put my shoes on." I lift my head up with a big smile knowing I get to spend time with my favorite person.

I push back on my hands and shuffle towards the edge of the bed to put my shoes back on. I grab my shoes, slipping them on and tying them when I hear a sigh from next to me.

Once I'm done with my shoes I sit up, moving my hair out of my face as I turn to face Luke.

"I'll come back later if the offer's still on the table." His eyes light up again as he nods his head.

"It always is for you." I smile at his words before standing up and walking toward the door.

"I'll keep that in mind." I wink, turning around and walking downstairs to see Alex sitting on the bottom of the stairs.

"Yay, okay let's go." He says grabbing my hand in his as he pulls me out the front door making me laugh.

"Where exactly?"

"I just wanna spend time with you since Luke has been hogging you for the last three weeks." He says making me roll my eyes as he chuckles. "Also, I was craving some pizza. Two birds with one stone you know?"

"Deep dish?"

"Wouldn't even consider anything else." I nod excitedly as he pulls out of the driveway.

"Ahah, okay this is why I love you."

"Because I introduced you to deep dish pizza?" He teases, looking at me briefly before looking back at the road.

"Well yes." I laugh as he feigns hurt, placing his hand over his chest. "But because you want to spend time with me."

"I always want to spend time with you, the move was possibly the worst thing that has ever happened to me." I sigh and nod in understanding before speaking.

"I get you, it was not the happiest time in my life either, but think of it this way, you wouldn't have met Reggie and Luke and Sunset Curve wouldn't exist."

"And you wouldn't have met Luke." He says winking making me scoff.

"You just have to go and ruin every moment don't you?" I try say seriously but we both burst out laughing as we pull up outside The Dough Box.

"I didn't even realize how hungry I was until now." Alex and I walk to one of the bench tables outside and sit down as we wait to order, reading over the menus.

The boys brought me here a few times over the last month and I can see why they like it so much.

Besides the pizza, the restaurant was part of a skate park and with the music, combined with all the skaters, the vibe was incredible, something that I never experienced in London.

"Places like this don't exist in London, that's definitely something I've missed out on." I look up from the menu to see Alex's gaze on a skater, completely zoned out. "I kissed Luke." 

I watch in amusement as the words go right over his head, knowing his attention was elsewhere when he doesn't even notice the blatant lie.

"Well I mean I was about to but you kinda interrupted." I say even though I knew he wasn't listening. "You know, if I didn't know any better, you came here more to watch him skate than for the food."

I finally got his attention as he snaps his gaze back to me and I smile brightly as I watch his cheeks go red.

"I-uh, not true I didn't even know him the last time we were here or that he'd be here."

"So who is he?" I ask him, leaning my head on my hand as I wait for him to speak.

"His names William. He goes to our college. I ran into him the other day on campus, quite literally." I turn to look at the guy Alex was talking about, watching as he takes off his helmet, running a hand through his hair.

"He's cute." I smile, facing Alex again watching him blush. "Why don't you go and speak to him Al?"

"Oh no, I don't really know him, all I know is his name."

"And that he's cute." I giggle softly as I watch him get flustered at my words. "He's looking over here."

I watch Alex's eyes widen as he slowly turns his gaze to see the boy wave at him shyly with a smile. My heart flutters when I watch Alex nod his head with a smile before he turns back to me.

"Okay that was adorable."

"It's nothing Tan." I hum in response, not wanting to believe him as the waiter comes to take our order. "We're sharing right?"

"Mmh please." He nods, ordering our pizza and we continue our conversation until the pizza arrives.

"Here's your pizza, is there anything else I can get you two?" Alex and I both reply at the same time, making me raise my eyebrow at him in amusement.

"You two are a very adorable couple."

"Thank you." Once again the two of us speak at the same time making the waiter smile before walking away.

On the other hand, Alex and I turn to each other and burst out laughing.

"I don't know what's funnier, the fact that people still think we're a couple, or the fact that we've just gotten so used to it that we accept it."

He shoves a piece of pizza into his mouth making me laugh before he responds.

"I'm going to go with both."