67. They Are Having Boy Talk

_______________________________

.

.

.

'Why is this woman like this?'

Mateo thought as he watched her as she talked away to Jacqueline and Alison, rocking little Mia in her arms. He wondered how she was with their twins when they were that tiny. Of course she must have been the best, loving, gentle and a forever patient mother.

'What am I thinking? Isn't she still the same?' He smiled. Their kids were just five and they were so smart and understanding and kind and it was all because of her. Yes, they did throw some tantrums at times but wasn't that made them kids? And the best of pair of them at it!

"Stop eye-drooling and go sit next to her you dumb-ass!" Alessia came out of nowhere and smacked him in the arm. Hard.

"Why you little-"

"Zia Sia!!" Kiara hopped over to her and hugged his stupid sister by the waist.

(Zia - Aunt)

"Hi my little baby!!" Alessia cooed, bending down and picking her little niece up. "How about we go to the beach after breakfast?"

"YES!!" She squealed. "I was going to ask just that!" She grinned, showing all of her twenty teeth.

"Were you now?" Alessia laughed tickling Kiara who squealed out giggling while Mateo smiled, watching the interaction. His sister smiled more now, and he felt that she was now less distant towards him as well. And it was all because of his children and River.

"Where's your brother?" Mateo asked as he took his daughter from his sister's arms and walked over to where the ladies sat. He took the seat next to River, who turned to look at him and smiled, her eyes darting to their little girl.

"He is with Uncle Sebby." Kiara said. "They are having boy talk."

"Really?" River asked their daughter, her eyes wide and curious. "What are they plotting now?"

"I am fine with it as long as it's not against me." Alison put her hands up while everyone laughed.

"Where are your mother and grandmother?" Mateo asked River.

"Mom's helping Nanna get ready for the day." She shrugged and turned her attention to their little angel. "You look so pretty baby." She cooed, tugging at the two side ponytails Mateo had made her that day.

"Thanks Mommy. You look pretty too." Kiara smiled.

"Thanks baby." River smiled, placing a kiss on her nose and making the little one giggle.

Kiara turned to her Papa. "Why don't you try to look pretty, Papa?"

Mateo raised a brow at her, taken aback.

River and Alessia burst out laughing while the other ladies covered their mouths. "Why you little-" He snaked his fingers between her arms and started to tickle her. "PAPA!!! NOO!!!" She squealed as she giggled in his arms.

"You tell me, I am not pretty?" He knew that it was not the right adjective to use but it didn't matter. His little girl really had said that to him! She took way too much after her blunt mother.

Kiara turned to her mother. River cleared her throat and gave a serious expression. That little fox was clearly enjoying it. "You know we don't lie, Ki."

She bit her lips to stop herself from laughing as soon as Kiara turned back to her Papa. "I am sorry Papa." He nodded, pursing his lips. "But it is what it is."

Mateo poked his tongue at the inside of his cheek as the table erupted in laughter again. He was supposed to be one of the most sought after men in New York. And he was also a "hot Italian patient" according to Dr. River Johnson. Yes, he remembered what she said a year ago. He didn't even know he remembered it. But then to his own little girl, who was supposed to be on his side, he was not 'pretty'? He was worried about how his kid's type of men or women were going to be when she grow up.

River gave the baby daddy a playful look while he gave her an annoyed one. She rolled her eyes at him, picking Kiara up from his lap and adjusting her on her one hip and Mia on the other and walking away, talking animatedly to them.

"Bye Papa." Kiara called over her shoulder and smiled at Mateo, waving. The Capo's lips couldn't keep the scowl no matter how hard he tried and he ended up smiling and waving back at his little princess.

Mateo turned to the three ladies who were looking at him with amused expressions on their faces. "Don't forget that I am the Capo of the Sicilian Mafia." They nodded, their faces quickly solemn. He got up from the chair and walked out of the kitchen and was annoyed to hear the laughter as soon as he left the room.

Mateo made his way to the garden where he saw his son with his godfather, Sebastian and Adam. Lucas and Adam were having a pretend-sword fight with sticks while Sebastian watched from his seat on the bench, cheering Lucas on. He noticed the Capo walking towards them and gave him a smile and a nod.

"Papa!!" Lucas exclaimed as soon as he saw his Papa, dropping the stick instantly and running towards his outstretched arms. Mateo hauled him up and tossed him in the air before catching him. "Hello little man!" He smiled at his carbon-copy.

"I heard you were having a 'boy talk'?" Mateo turned to the two other men. Kiara hadn't told him about Adam being there as well.

"You mean, we escaped the room as soon as someone's wife started talking about having another baby?" Adam chuckled, cocking his head in Sebastian's direction.

"ADAM!" He groaned. Sebastian really loved Mia and Alison but he really couldn't handle a pregnant wife or another baby right now. He had too much on his plate. He did not complaint nor did he assert on Alison or anyone the sacrifices he had made for the family, but he was a smart man and he knew to say no, and he knew how much he could take. So he was against another baby, at least until Mia started going to school.

Mateo let out a chuckle; he himself wanted more babies with River but they were in a weird place, not to mention the complicated and dangerous situation they were in. But the look on Sebastian's face when Adam brought up the reason he had left the kitchen in the first place cracked him up.

"What? It's the truth!" He shrugged.

"Are we gonna have another baby Papa?" Lucas turned to her Papa, his eyes wide, innocent and curious.

Mateo bit his tongue, feeling flustered by the question while the other two men laughed at his plight. Why hadn't he thought the tables would turn on him?

"Why don't you go ask Mommy?" The Capo deadpanned.

'She is going to fucking kill me!!' The thought raced through Mateo's mind as soon as the words left his lips. He was dead. He was dead meat.

"OKAY!" Lucas started to wriggle in his Papa's arms, his way of showing that he has to be let down. He wanted to go and ask his mother as soon as possible. He loved Kiara but he wished he would have a younger brother as well, just like Kiara had Mia to play tea party with.

Mateo sighed as he let his kid down and Lucas ran off in the direction of the kitchen.

Mateo turned back to look at the two men who had grave expressions. They showed him a slit-throat gesture and he shook his head, visibly gulping.

At least he was going to die by the hands of the woman he loved!

.

.

.

_____________________________