XXVI. Each One's Promise

A huge crowd was following the two gods on the first scene to the Second Wave. Rem slowly starts to feel nervous and at the same time determined on how will the second wave start for them, especially that this is their future.

"Everyone, listen up! You'll be flying with us! So better be ready!" Naofumi yelled.

"Flying? I like flying!" Mildo exclaimed.

"Me too!" Lucas added.

"This is going to be tiring..." Sekhmet yawned.

"Fly? Is it safe?" Petra asked.

"Yeah, it is!" Kazuma replied.

"Let's go!" Naofumi yelled and all of them agreed and flew away. Some were crying and some laughed and enjoyed the way they'll watch the future.

"This is awesome!" Ricardo exclaimed.

"I can now fly to any destination I wanted!" Mimi added while spinning in the air.

"Be careful! The gods granted us such power for us to see our future! Don't be so reckless!" Hetaro warned.

"This is way better than before!" Anastasia said.

"I don't feel anything cool about it because I'm already flying." Puck said.

"No one asked for your opinion!" Minerva yelled.

"Huh?!" Puck asked.

"Now, now." Emilia chuckled. They now see carts in front of them and their group was divided into two.

"Kazuma, go with the others on the right! I'll be taking care of the others on the left!" Naofumi yelled.

"Okay! Come with me, everyone!" Kazuma said and half of the crowd followed him.

"See you later, my lady!" Ricardo said and they parted ways with Anastasia and the others.

"Are we..." Reinhard asked.

"Don't worry! We'll witness the same scene, okay? We can't just gather in one place because we may screw things up!" Naofumi yelled.

"I see!" Reinhard said.

The scene started as several carts are all heading away from the tree of Flügel after the battle between the White Whale. Kids can be seen sleeping in the cart and Subaru and Emilia were happy to see them resting. Except for one who suddenly clung to Subaru which is Petra.

"Aren't you, um... a bit close, Petra?" Subaru asked.

"Well, she had you all to herself earlier. It wasn't fair! You don't mind, right?" Petra replied.

"Um... It's not like that, Petra-chan. Subaru and I were just... Right! We had important things to talk about!" Emilia defended.

"Bleh! I'm not gonna lose to you! You hear me?!" Petra challenged.

"Wow, that's bold of you, Petra." Ram said.

"Eh?! Th-This happened?! It's embarrassing!" Petra cried while covering her face.

"Baru is a good figure to ladies, huh?" Typhon said.

"Surely he is." Echidna said.

'Who are these women? Adventurers from the other side of our world? In which region? What country? Why is she calling Subaru, "Baru"?' Reinhard thought.

"Emilia-tan, she's only a kid. You just have to smile and laugh off what kids say." Subaru said.

"No way. Even if she's a child, I can't take such a lackadaisical attitude." Emilia said.