b e a u t i f u l

If all felt so unreal.
Not only had I just told my very accepting best friend that I liked him, he liked me back.
Newt and I went into my room and sat down on my bed, just talking.
"How long has it been?" I asked, and he raised his eyebrows in confusion.
"How long have you liked me?" I asked again, rephrasing my question.
"Oh," Newt's cheeks reddened and he looked at his lap. "Ever since you came to the glade I knew I felt something for you, but I really knew it when you came back from the maze, alive, with Alby and Minho."
Then, feeling confident, I turned towards him and intertwined my fingers with his, leaving my other hand to roam over him. I started with his strong jawline, my fingers grazing over it ever so gently, like if I touch him too hard or too fast he just might break.
Then I touched the side of his face; the part around his eye that crinkles up when he smiles and laughs.
My hand dropped down to his neck, then to his collarbone. It was beautiful; the complete and utter innocence of touching him throughout the darkness and stillness of the night.

-
I woke up to another day of the sun shining through my window.
But that was not the first beautiful sight I had seen when I opened my eyes. It was him. Newt, laying there beside me, our legs tangled together. A small grin on his beautiful, sleeping face.
"Good morning." I whispered, leaning down to kiss him on the forehead.
His grin grew bigger then, into a complete smirk. He wasn't sleeping at all. That Shuckface.
Newt pulled me onto him, rolling over on top of me. "Good morning to you too," he laughed, tickling my neck with his small fingers.
"S-Stop," I tried to say, but it just came out as a twisted laugh. "N-N-Newt . . Stop t-t-tickling me!"
Newt shook his head and kept going. He tickled my neck, my side, and all of my ticklish spots that I wondered how he knew about.
I could barley talk, I was laughing and squirming so much. "You w-will pay for this!" I laughed, using all of my strength to roll over on top of Newt.
"Ha!" I smirked, "now who's boss!"
"Thomas! No!" Newt gaped, trying to hide his smile.
"Ooh, you shouldn't have started this," I chuckled, tickling him in all of the same spots.
We ended up on the floor, laughing until we had tears in our eyes, tangled in blankets.
"So," breathed Newt, "now that we've got that delt with, I think we'll have to tell the others about us."
"Us? What's with us?" I asked, acting oblivious.
"You just wanna make me say it, you Shuckface!" Newt fake-pouted.
"Yeah," I nodded, "Now say it, or I'll tickle you again."
"Fine! Jeez, did you just bloody threaten me?"
"Say it . ." I warned playfully, wiggling my fingers.
"I think we'll have to tell the others that we're dating," Newt shrugged, hiding his grin.