Purah

After that night in the theme park, Lauren message Troy and told him what happen that night. They agreed to meet up at Troy's wife Diner for more exchange informations.

"The note is still under inspection, so we have to wait."

There has to be some clue of the identity of the mysterious man in a hood, Lauren thought. Could it be a stalker? To whom did he accuse of murderer? It was just four of them. If Lauren wanted to be honest with herself, she does have an idea of a certain suspect. Even though how in denial she is and how it contradict in her beliefs, she had gathered enough clues to lead into one reasonable conclusion. And she isn't sure if she's ready with it.

"Until when?" Lauren asked.

"I'm not sure. They need to find finger prints, the origin of the paper, what kind of pen it is used there, ex cetera . With all that, it takes time to figure it out, we're not FBI, we're just town police and we have limited forensic tools here."

"It will be long overdue.."

"Yeah, I know, but it's the best we got."  Troy sipped his coffee before he continued. "So you really have no recall of how the man looked like?"

Lauren sighed, she wasn't eager to know who is the man in the hood. She was eager to know who is the man in the hood refers to by 'murderer'. But then if so, how does the mysterious man know who is the murderer? Does it correlated with the deaths that happens lately? What is his motive of giving us a note? Was that a cautionary? Or the hood man was just a sicko who wanted to pull some scare tactics on a bunch of unsupervised teenage girls.

There's too much questions and too many possibilities. Lauren internally groaned. She had to limit all the possibilities down. One thing at a time she thought.

"I don't know. He was wearing a hood. A black hood, which cover half of his face. I'm only sure he's a man, fair skin and.. " Lauren then remembers his toothy mischievous smile. "He doesn't have misaligned tooth, he was grinning at me, and um.. he has some facial hairs too, I think, it wasn't very visible, but I know it's there."

Troy nod his head and write down more on his note. After a few silence passed, Lauren brace herself for voicing her questions.

"How's the current case?"

"It's confidential, Lauren. You know I can't." Troy replied, raising his eyebrows at Lauren.

Lauren furrowed her eyebrow and pouts which made Troy sighed. "Per usual, don't tell anyone." and Lauren's eyes perked up.

~

After a few while Troy came to the table with his confidential folders. He looked around if there's any nosy town folks in the Dines, ready to eavesdrop and spreads the news to the whole town. When he found none and the Diner was half empty and they're sitting in far edge table in the Dines, Troy consider themselves safe.

"Don't tell anyone that I showed you confidential files, even Ally. She'll roast me for sure if I influence you into this."

Troy and Ally always had always been Lauren's longest friends, Lauren was there when they got together and when they finally got married. Troy has always consider Lauren as his partner in crime or more of partner in solving crime. It has become a tradition until Ally thought it's too much and it's R rated topic and Lauren is still 14 that time Ally said.

Lauren put up an assuring smile and promise him she wouldn't tell a soul. "It's weird, that was like years ago. I'm 17 already. It should be okay now for me." Lauren reasons as she inspect the data information and pictures that are taken from the folder.

"Yeah, I know, but you know Ally. She's like your big sister, she's just really looking out for you. And she actually never agrees to let me work with this profession."