Moving Out

Over the past month, Kai had been thinking carefully about what he wanted. He loved living with Sukara and the whole family, and she had been so kind to let him freeload off of her, but he felt as though he needed to try and branch out his own. Especially with how well things were going with Jinora, he was starting to need his own space.

"I understand," Sukara said, giving him a pat on the shoulder, "of course I do. You're an adult now and this house is about to be full of kids."

"You know I love your kids," he said, not wanting her to feel like she was pushing him out, "and I'll be here all the time to see them."

"I know," she chuckled, leaning back in her chair, "it's not like I'm kicking you out, I just mean that it's not the most romantic setting for you and Jinora. I assume she'll be basically living with you if not actually."

"Yeah," Kai smiled, feeling very excited about the idea of living with Jinora. Being at the air temple was as close as they got before but with Tenzin always keeping an eye on them it wasn't exactly what they wanted. "That's the plan anyway."

"What did Tenzin say?" Sukara asked, a smirk on her face as she waited to hear the drama.

"Uhh, she hasn't exactly told him yet," Kai told her, rubbing his hand on the back of his head.

Sukara only laughed, knowing how protective Tenzin was over his kids.

"I think Jinora wants everything sorted first," he explained, "you know, like get the place and get it ready so she has something to show him."

"Well, I hope it goes well for you," she smiled, ruffling his hair a little, "I really do, but you know you have a home here as well. I'm always going to be there if you need me."

"Thank you," he almost whispered, a soft smile on his face as he leaned on his knees, "I'm really grateful for what you've done for me. And it's not just putting up with living with me, it's everything. You were my first friend here, the first person I trusted. You took care of me when you didn't have to, you supported me in everything I've done. Even when you didn't know me that well, you cared about my future with my bending. You could've just taken me with you like I asked, not been so alone, but you didn't because it wasn't what was best for me. So, thank you. For everything."

"Oh," Sukara could feel herself welling up a little, surprised that he would be so sincere all of a sudden. She leaned in and hugged him tight, resting her head on his shoulder, "it's alright, I'm glad that we have each other. You're really important to me, it means a lot to hear you say that."

"It's okay, I mean it," he smiled, leaning his head on hers, "um, will you come talk to the estate agent with us? I don't really know what to do."

"I can, but I don't know how much help I'll be," Sukara laughed, sitting back up, "my last place came with the job and I had nothing to do with buying this one. So unless you want me to threaten the landlord, I think we'd be in the same boat."

Hi guys, sorry about the delays today, I had an exam so I was working for that instead.
Hope everyone is enjoying the story so far, thank you for reading ❤️❤️