Chapter Twenty - One - Intentions

"I need something to wear." I demanded, shoving open Eli's door, not bothering to knock or tell him hello, or that I missed him, or all the other things I had planned to say. I was too pissed off at Collins to exchange pleasantries.

"Well hello to you too, gorgeous." Eli said ruefully, his chest deliciously bare, and a dark blue dress shirt laid out on his bed. It was the same shirt I admired when he would wear it at Christmas or to dances in high school. I was surprised it still fit.

"I'm sorry. Hello." I grinned, stepping into his outstretched arms, my cheek pressed to his warm bare chest. His heart beat fiercely from the close contact and if it wasn't for the room full of strangers downstairs I would insist we forget clothing all together.

"I missed you." Eli admitted and I pulled back smiling too brightly. Casual Avery, keep it fucking casual.

"I missed you too, handsome." I purred, stepping out from his arms. "In fact, I missed you so much I wore this to welcome you home..." I pulled the sash and dropped the trench coat to the floor, relishing in the way his sapphire eyes grew tenfold.

"Holy shit." He reached out for me again, opening and closing his long fingers, but I dodged him, giggling.

"That was before I knew we wouldn't be alone."

"We're alone now..."

"You know I can't keep quiet." I smirked, and he groaned.

"That doesn't help." He motioned to the protrusion growing in his dark grey slacks. "The thought of you beneath me, screaming my name, while you're standing there, looking like that is the worst kind of torture."

"Well you can thank Collins for that. She failed to mention that we were all invited to a dinner party over here tonight."

"How convenient." Eli laughed, knowing my sister and her devious nature over the span of sixteen years. I grunted in agreement and walked to his closet, my high heels digging into his carpet.

"Do you still have your yellow karate belt from eighth grade?" I asked over my shoulder, fingering through his section of black t-shirts. Eli's closet was color coordinated and flawless despite not being utilized for the past four years.

"I think so." I could hear him rummaging around his dresser behind me. "If you wanted to tie me up, all you'd have to do is ask..." He handed the belt out to me and circled his free hand around my waist, but I danced away again.

"Are you always so perverted?" I jabbed, pulling a plan black t-shirt from the hanger.

"Only with you, babe." Eli leaned against the door frame and crossed his arms across his naked chest. Would he just put his damn shirt on already?!

"I'm sure." I rolled my eyes, pulling the cool cotton material over my head. The shirt swallowed me, hitting just above my knees, having the effect I was intending. "I'm sure none of the girls in Vancouver for the past four years made you feel all hot and bothered..."

"I'm not saying they didn't." Eli shrugged, finally crossing the room to donn his dress shirt. "But honestly it was always just sex with them. It wasn't like this..."

"Oh yeah, and what is this like?" I challenged, securing the yellow belt snugly around my waist, tying it in an intricate bow in the front of the T-shirt.

"This is sex, obviously, but with my best friend, someone I trust one hundred percent, and it just makes the whole thing so much more...intense." My breath caught somewhere in my throat. "I'm sorry. Was that too much? I know we agreed to take it easy."