No air

The team readied themselves to defend the compound when a gas filled the building.

   "Hold your breath!" Steve yelled, rushing to the release vent.

He was attacked. The gas was to thick for him to see through. He felt a blow to his head and he was down.

Bucky was next. He felt a kick to his abdomen and a blow to the back of the neck. With the gas hindering their sight, the intruders easily took the team down.
------------------------------------------------------------

Emily and River sealed the sub level door as gas began to flood the building.

"I need a gun." Emily said

"What?" River asked

"Steve has his shield, you and Bucky like knives, I'm pretty good with a gun." She said "I need a gun."

She noticed the gas filling the room.

"Oh no. Cover your mouth and nose." She said "Don't breathe in."

River obeyed.

"Its a knock out gas." She explained, yelling through her sleeves so she didn't breathe it in "They use it to kidnap assets."

    There was a banging on the door. River grabbed her knives as Emily finally found a gun. She loaded it, holding her breathe.

The door was breached and Emily opened fire, hitting two agents as the entered. She gasped at the sight of the third agent. She knew him. The gas filled her lungs and she watched as River hit the ground. Then the world went black.

---------------------------------------------------------

The gas had cleared and the team began to wake up.

"Any body hurt?" Steve asked

"We're good." The others began to call out.

"The girls." Bucky gasped

Steve pushed himself to his feet and took off running. Bucky followed along with Tony.

    They ran through the destroyed door. River laid unconscious on the floor.

"No no no." Bucky whispered, dropping to his knees beside her "Baby wake up. Please wake up."

He held her in his arms.

  "River. Baby wake up. Wake up for me."

"Is she alive?" Tony asked

There was a fear in his voice. Bucky didn't answer.

  "James. Is my sister alive?" He asked again.

   "Sister?" Steve asked, distracted for a moment

Bucky put his ear to her chest.

"Her hearts strong." He responded. "Babygirl, wake up."

Steve looked around.

  "Where's Emily?" He asked "Buck, Emily's gone. She's gone."

Bucky's mind was on River. She took a deep breath and her eyes fluttered open.

   "She's gone!" Steve yelled. 

"What?" Bucky asked, able to think clearly again

"Emily's gone." Steve was fighting back tears "She's gone."