chapter one

Harry lurked at the back of their Potions classroom with Ron, praying to God that they would be paired with each other.

"Ah, Draco!" Slughorn said to the blonde. "Who to pair you with..."

After the war, Draco Malfoy had definitely grown more handsome. His hair grew a little past his shoulders and was tied back in an elegant ponytail, his grey eyes sharp and blazing. His face was more angular, however, as if he wasn't eating too much these past few days...

He was also seen as a hero in the Wizarding World's eyes, despite being a former Death Eater, after having publicly thrown Harry his wand during the Great Battle of Hogwarts. And it also came out in numerous interviews with Harry himself that Draco had lied for him in the Manor and saved their lives.

"Oh! I know!" Harry groaned as Slughorn's beady eyes landed on him. "You can work with Harry, you two are the best in the class after all!"

Harry sighed and walked through the small group of students towards Slughorn, ignoring Ron's pitying gaze. He brushed past Malfoy and went to the supply cupboard to get the ingredients for the Veritaserum. Once he had his arms filled to the brim with the ingredients, he gingerly made his way back to Malfoy's table, making sure he smashed them onto the table and relishing in Malfoy's flinch.

"Something wrong?" Harry asked sweetly.

"Of course not," Malfoy sneered in retaliation, rolling his eyes. "Open the bloody book, would you?"

Sticking out his tongue, Harry leisurely flipped through his potions book., partly to annoy the blonde, partly because he had no idea what page he was supposed to go to. Five minutes later, Malfoy snatched it from underneath him and turned to the correct page in less than a second, muttering angrily under his breath.

"Honestly, Potter, can't you read? It says the page number on the board, you moron!" Malfoy said. Harry craned his neck, and, sure enough, the words page three hundred and ninety-four were written on the board in Slughorn's neat script.

"Whatever, Malfoy," he retaliated, a blush creeping up his cheeks. Malfoy snorted.

"Alright, Potter. You are going to cut up these flobberworms while I crush these unicorn horns," Malfoy said dismissively. Harry was affronted.

"Why should you decide?" Harry protested.

"Because you're shoddy at Potions, and wouldn't know what to do anyway!" Malfoy retorted impatiently.

Harry opened his mouth, but no response came because he knew in his heart that it was true.

So instead of conceding like any mature person, he merely grunted, stuck his tongue out again, and started moodily chopping up the worm, taking out his anger on the poor, deceased creature by slicing his knife into a lot more aggressively that was necessary.

As he chopped the worm, a loud band was suddenly heard and Harry jerked his head up to see Ernie smiling apologetically as he straightened his cauldron.

The bang unleashed something inside Harry and he suddenly heard the bang of the Killing Curse and a loud voice roaring with victory.

"Harry Potter... IS DEAD!"

"No!"

"No, Harry!"

Harry jolted once again to find he was no longer cutting into the worm but his own finger and yelped with surprise. Malfoy was still crushing the horn, his eyes a little red around the edges from the sting of them, and Harry saw tear tracks down his face.

He hissed in pain and pressed on the deep cut with all his might, and Malfoy's head perked up at the noise. After staring at the large cut on the back of Harry's hand, Malfoy left the table without another word.

He returned with some bandages, and Harry stared in wonder as Malfoy held out his hand.

"Give me your hand," Malfoy said in a stone-cold voice, gesturing towards Harry's hand. Harry reached it out for him tentatively, and Malfoy took his wrist in his slender hand. He wrapped the bandage around the brunet's hand gently. "This is why he told us to wear gloves, imbecile!"

Harry looked to the board and, again, he found that underneath the ingredients and page number was a note to the students to wear gloves while making the potion.

But that's strange, Harry thought. We've never had to wear gloves before.

"Thanks," Harry said aloud to the other boy, but Malfoy said nothing.

DRARRY DRARRY DRARRY

"Alright, class! It's time to test out your potions!" Slughorn said happily. The class cheered weakly.

"One person will drink the potion, and the other will ask them three questions, to which the drinker will have to answer truthfully! Please make a record of the questions asked and the answers given for me to look at later!" Slughorn beamed.

Both Harry and Draco glared at each other, willing the other to surrender in a battle for dominance. Harry melted at Malfoy's burning gaze.

"Fine," Harry getting up from his seat to fill his cup with the clear potion. As he went back to his seat. however. he stumbled and accidentally spilt said potion over Malfoy and himself, causing the blonde to scowl.

"Seriously, Potter?" he said, getting up hurriedly. "You manage to fuck up just about everything, don't you?"

Harry rolled his eyes, and gasped as a cold sensation overtook him and the potion seeped into him, with Malfoy doing the same.

"What just bloody happened?" Malfoy asked, pressing a hand to his chest.

"Probably nothing," Harry waved a hand. "In this class, we've experienced weirder. Now, if you're done being a wuss-"

"And you a clutz-"

"-Let's get this over with," Harry said, cutting him off. He downed what was left with the drink in one gulp and set it down on the table.

I don't feel any different, Harry thought to himself in the back of his mind.

"Hmm... so many questions I could ask..." Malfoy said with an evil grin. "We'll start easy, shall we? Who's your crush, Potter?"

Trust Malfoy to take advantage of the situation.

Harry felt nothing, no compulsion to tell the truth.

"Uh...you?" Harry tested out, making the other boy's eyes widen and his mouth instantly curl in disgust. "Wait, I can lie!"

Malfoy merely quirked an eyebrow. "Prove it."

"How would I be lying about the ability to lie under a truth potion?" Harry snorted. "And why would I have a crush on you of all people?"

At this, Malfoy furrowed his eyebrows. "But I made sure to do everything right! ...I'm going to have a word with Slughorn about this."

Malfoy left Harry's side to go to Slughorn's side, but as soon as he did, Harry felt a sharp pain in his abdomen, as if someone had sunken a knife through him. He doubled over and heard  Malfoy faintly groaning from somewhere in front of him. He fell to the ground, and everything faded black.

***
lol trust them to fuck it up. anywaysss vote, comment and leave your thoughts xx