2.08

As Helena sat in the couch, she saw Meredith sneak down the stairs

As Helena sat in the couch, she saw Meredith sneak down the stairs. It was thanksgiving morning and all interns were supposed to help Izzie cook dinner, Helena's family joining them later in the day.

"You are sneaking out!" The short girl accused the blond.

"I... ok, yes, please don't tell Izzie." She pleaded.

Just then, the former model stopped her. "Hey. What do you think you're doing?"

"I am..." Once the doorbell rang, Meredith used it as an excuse. "Answering the door."

Looking at the woman's bag, Izzie realised. "You're going to the hospital?" Helena got up from the couch and put her book down, ready to go answer the door. "Meredith, everyone is supposed to be in the kitchen by 9 am to help me make dinner. It's thanksgiving!" She complained, Helena opening the door with a confused look, as she found three strange man staring at her.

"Is this where Georgie lives?" The older man asked.

"Georgie? O'Malley?" The short girl asked, at the man's nod she answered. "Yes, he must be upstairs."

Just then, the men barged past her, chanting out loud. "O'Malley! O-Ma-Lley!" The went up the stairs, as Helena looked at them in confusion.

"Should we call the police?" Izzie joked.

Taking to opportunity to leave, Meredith sneaks out and, at the sound of the door closing, the girls turn around. "Meredith! I'm serious, you need to be back here for dinner at six, I mean it!"

"Was that... his brothers and father?" The short girl tilted her head, bolting up the stairs to meet the boy.

"Hum, hi!" She entered the room, the men still chanting.

"Lena! This, well, my father and my brothers..." He mumbled.

"Lena? As in Helena?" The man turned around to greet her. "As in Georgie's Helena?"

"Yes, hi, that must be me." The short girl giggled as she extended her hand to the man. When he took her in for a hug, she backed away slightly but hugged him back.

"Oh, you're Lena!" One of his brother's pointed out.

"How did you get her, Georgie?" The other sibling teased as the small girl giggled and the male intern shot him an uncomfortable glare.

"So, you seems busy, I'll just leave you to...?" The girl asked, still confused.

"Shoot and kill a helpless slow moving turkey, isn't that great?" Her boyfriend answered with sarcasm as her eyes widened slightly.

"Ok... then I'll leave you to it. Just make sure to be back in time to meet my family, please, Georgie." She asked and left the room.

——