Chapter 12

Silence

The whole world fell into complete silence after the announcement as they were trying to digest what the announcer just said.

Everyone looked on to the battlefield just in time to see a guy with a cap and a Pikachu on his shoulder. A Pikachu on his shoulder.

Everyone were wide eyed with astonishment and stunned expression. The gang's expression was, well.... unreadable.

The professors in the VIP box was just like the crowd. All of them knew the Ash Ketchum. The boy they had met so many years ago during his journey, mysteriously disappeared after becoming Champion, was standing before them all of a sudden.

"Looks like my wallet won't lose any weight then," Gary said breaking the tensed silence.

All of the gang gave him a look like they were going to bury him alive. Gary just cowered back in his seat.

The silence was getting to Ash, but he didn’t raise his head. Pikachu was nervous as well.

"WHAT THE FUK??!!!!" Someone from the crowd shouted and the silence was finally over as people started cheering and screaming shaking the whole region. People who were watching outside of the academy almost tried to break in to the stadium, but were stopped by security. Mass of reporters from the Kalos region started squirming the area like ants. Diantha pulled down her sunglasses to reveal her shocking eyes as she never in her life expected to see him.

Cameron was watching the match in his dorm while eating his afternoon snacks with his Lucario. After the revelation, he dropped everything he was doing and ran towards the stadium on his pajamas with a screaming Lucario behind.

Brock was feeling proud and also mad at the same time. Proud that his best friend had made it so far in achieving the dream he pursued and mad about that he left without a word.

Misty was feeling the same as well. She once had a crush on Ash but that was temporary as she moved on from that a long time ago. She was furious and wanted to slam her mallet on his head more than ever.

May looked towards her mentor. She has learnt so much on their journey from Ash, she couldn’t ask for a better friend and companion. As the champion stood proudly in front of her eyes, she started to feel weird emotions inside her after seeing him again.

Dawn looked upto Ash. He taught her a lot of things in their journey and also some things that helped in her coordinating carrier. He was her only best friend among the boys. He also saved her a lot of times from trouble. She always seemed to enjoy his company and without him she sometimes felt lonely. She couldn’t understand the feelings inside her right now but wanted to be with him more than ever.

Cilan and Iris were shocked but had a huge smile on their face, seeing their friend after such a long time. Though Iris loved to tease Ash a lot, inside she was very glad she met a person like him. He also helped her at times like bonding with her pokemon which Iris faced a lot of trouble with. His bravery, courage, determination and enthusiasm inspired Cilan a lot as well.

Clemont was always the calm one but now his mouth was agaped. Ash was probably the only reason Clemont became a strong gym leader. Clemont was inspired a lot by watching Ash in their journey, the way he battled with confidence and that never-give -up attitude was what impressed him.

Serena? Well she was just flabbergasted. Her face was heating up just by looking at her crush. The reason behind she was the Kalos Queen was Ash, the boy who encouraged her by telling to follow her own dreams. Even from a distance, she could see the strong physique Ash's body has. She was blushing and getting nervous at the mere thought of staying close to him.