Though the Door

Brendon spent the next couple days locked in his room, music pouring out of him now that he had a guitar in his hands. Spencer would leave food outside the door since Brendon refused to let him in or come out. On occasion, Spencer would sit outside the door and just listen. He could hear Brendon try to sing until his voice failed him. He would probably have to go in and clean up the room a little bit judging by the things being thrown across the room when Brendon was too frustrated with himself.

Ryan was busy with work, barely able to text his boyfriend on his short breaks and before his power naps. Tonight was Ryan's first night off in a week and didn't have to go in early the next day. He had shown up to Brendon's apartment to find Spencer sitting outside the man's bedroom.

"What's wrong?" Ryan rushed to Spencer's side. "Is Brend-" Spencer clasped his hand over Ryan's mouth, shushing him immediately. Ryan was ready to question until he heard strings softly being strummed. He turned to the door then back to Spencer with wide eyes. "Is he," he whispered, voice filled with shock. His breath hitched in his throat when he heard a faint breathy voice start to sing.

"When your chips are down and your drinks are all gone, I'll still be here within' and waiting' for you to come." Ryan could hear the strain in the voice, but couldn't help to be mesmerized by the sound. He pressed his ear on the door, hoping to hear more. Brendon continued in the room, switching between singing and speaking the lyrics. There was a small range of notes that he could actually sing without pushing himself too much and causing discomfort.

"In the sickness of you I'm just a white blood cell, fighting like hell for you." There was a harsh sigh followed by a long silence. Ryan shut his eyes, wishing he could be beside him, encouraging Brendon to continue. Spencer leaned his head back on the wall.

"He's been like this ever since he got that guitar," he whispered. Ryan looked over at him. "He won't stop writing. It's almost as bad as he used to be." Ryan smiled, thinking of all the music that must've been coming out of the room before.

"He writes about you now, so that's different." The two sat, listening until the guitar stopped completely. Ryan glanced at Spencer, waiting. The man gave him a nod. Ryan quickly got to his feet and softly knocked on the door.

"Hey babe." He smiled when he heard a thump inside, assuming Brendon fell out of the bed by how loud the sound was.

"One second!" There were papers rustling and the closet door shutting before Brendon swung his door open. Ryan smirked at Brendon's red face. "Hey," he let out in a nervous voice." He leaned up and kissed Ryan's cheek. "When did you get here?"

"Just now." Brendon sighed softly in relief.

"Alright. I'm gonna head out tonight, so you two enjoy yourselves alright," Spencer spoke up, catching their attention. Brendon waved goodbye as Spencer grabbed his jacket and left. Ryan leaned down, wrapping his arms around Brendon's waist and kissed him softly.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too," Brendon replied with a smile.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. Quit worrying so much." Ryan smirked.

"I'm your boyfriend." Brendon squealed in surprise when Ryan swept him off his feet, threw him over his shoulder. "It's my job to worry." Brendon giggled into the back of Ryan's shirt.

"Alright, fine. Can you put me down now?"

"Nope," Ryan smiled and gave Brendon's ass a playful smack. Brendon let out a quick yelp and wrapped his arms around Ryan's waist as the man turned and started walking down the hall. "Now let's go get some food in you. You've been losing more weight recently." Brendon buried his face in the small of Ryan's back, a light blush on his cheeks and a small smile on his lips.

"Okay," he whispered happily.

~~~

"You made the wrong choice," Ryan shouted at the tv. Brendon laughed and threw a few pieces of popcorn at his head.

"Shut up. She thinks she's doing the right thing." Ryan pouted, munching the popcorn that he was just assaulted by.

"Leaving isn't the right choice. Now they're both gonna be miserable." Brendon chuckled and looked back at the screen. He continued to eat through the bowl of popcorn resting on his stomach. He was laid out with his feet propped on Ryan's lap. The man didn't mind, instead lightly rubbing his hand over his boyfriend's legs.

"I don't think my life would be better without you." Brendon smirked and rolled his eyes, turning his attention back to the screen. Ryan frowned and squeezed his hand over Brendon's shin. "I'm serious. You're the best thing that's happened to me. I don't want you to think I'll be okay if you're not around."

Brendon chortled and kept his eyes on the tv. Ryan gentle pushed Brendon's legs off of him and crawled over Brendon's body. He braced his hands on either side of his boyfriend's head, body supported by his legs planted on either side Brendon's hips. The other looked up at him, eyes wide in surprise.

"What are you doing?" Ryan watched Brendon intently.

"I don't want you to leave me," he said in a light voice. Brendon felt himself shrinking under Ryan's intense gaze.

"Yeah, I get it." Ryan lowered his body until it was pressed against Brendon's.

"I don't think you do. Brendon... you mean everything to me." Brendon turned red at those words. His breathing stopped when Ryan buried his face in his neck. "If I could, I would just lay here with you forever and be the happiest man on earth." A shiver ran down Brendon's spine when Ryan starting leaving feather kisses along the side of his neck. The movie was now a distant sound as Ryan's hand crept under Brendon's shirt, gripping his waist and caressing his bare skin with his thumbs.

"R-Ryan," Brendon let out in an airy whisper. He bit his lip to contain any embarrassing noises as Ryan shifted between his legs. He let out a stuttered gasp as his boyfriend rubbed against him. He clutched onto Ryan's shirt, reflectively pushing back and letting out a light moan at the contact.

"Let's go to your room," Ryan whispered into his ear. Brendon nodded quickly, ready to get out of his suddenly constricting clothes.

___

A/N:

Oh my lord this ending! 😳 I react so differently reading compared to writing this stuff. Just a heads up but I'm gonna die from embarrassment after this next chapter and it's no where near as bad as what I've read before lol. It's really short compared to my normal chapters so yeah...